Plastic "tea-spoons" killed my tank

Ok, I killed my tank cuz of these plastic "tea-spoons"

I had a problem with flukes on my trigger and a lot of people recommended dosing the tank with PraziPro. So I went ahead and dosed the tank with it and used the plastic spoons. Yup 3 days later all my fishes died!! Frekken A.... I should've known better. Those plastic "tea-spoons" are between a tea spoon and a table spoon, so I overdosed my tank like crazy. No wonder I saw the flukes falling off the trigger's eyes within 30mins while others that have used the product seen results in 1 or 2 days. :y:

I've done 50% WC since then. Running Carbon, PuriGen, and some other stuff.

I learned new things from this experience tho. I've learned that SnowFlake Eels are bulletproof, they are really hardy. It's the only fish that survived and it's still eating and doing its thing.

Sorry to hear your loss. I use the empty 5ml syringes from my old Salifert kits. More accurate than any spoons. Im sure people can give you their old ones.

Man that sucks - I guess when using something lethal its a good idea to use some sure way of measurement - like I am sure with buffer its not a huge deal - sometimes the more the merrier - not in this case!!

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Sorry to hear about your fish, time to upgrade. Im sure that would not happen if you had a 300 gallon =)