Debate/opinions: Wet or Dry skimming

Which method of skimming do you prefer? What are the pros and cons of both? How do you make the adjustment from dry to wet or vice versa?

Last edited:
ive always ran my skimmer more on the wet side but sill get that dark smelly skimmate... cons with wet is you have to empty your collection cup more
this is a good thread i want to hear what other people say...

Dave,
I hope others find the thread interesting too. Maybe they have no opinion or still sleeping :) I am trying to determine what is the best method.

Well i skim in the middle "damp" . Skimming dry will remove more waste per cup but will tax your skimmer, skimming wet is easy on the skimmer less waste is removed. Sorry not much detail I am on my phone.

:beer::beer::beer:here is my stock asm g3
[/IMG]after 2days......i have a heavy fish bio load with large angels(blueface/bluering/chrysurius),large morish idol, large tangs(blue hippo/yellow), and a bluejaw trigger in a 180....

Last edited:

Yinger

here's a pic of my skimmate under flash. This is about 3 days worth on an RS250.

What the heck is wrong with my AquaC 240? I get hardly any skimmate. No pics. I just cleaned the chamber today. But it was only maybe an inch of skimmate after 4 days.

Latest posts