newbie question

newbie question i know theres ro water and ro/di had my tank for about a year no major problems just wondering if i should us ro/di water for my changes . anyway i get my water ro from the water store is that ok.aqulove

oops i should have put this on coral talk
yes, worng section, and is water chemistry actually

well i started this hobby a few months back and for any water change use RO/DI

thats the first thing i learned from this forum, i was gonna use tap water for my cycle, that was wrong, keep asking and youll learn:peace:

My Tank Build
DI is preferred. But RO is still better then tap. Also it really depends on what type of tank ur running. If u have mostly sps/lps then you want to be using RO/DI. But if just softies they don't mind a little bit dirtier water. And really it just depends on how much youu want to spend on carbon and gfo.

for a reef RODI is best. I used to use RO and I had a nitrate problem and an algae problem. Since I've been using RODI my nitrates have dropped and nuisance algae has been dying off

Gsxr1000rider

Premium Member
Supporter
I would suggest using RO/DI water anytime your adding, changing or topping off your tank, especially a reef tank. RO water is still better then tap but still not good enough IMO.. You can't go wrong with 0TDS water!! :)

Patt

This may sound like a dumb question (not to hijack the thread), but is the standard RO/DI unit able to be shut off easily if I plan on only making about 10-15 gallons a day at most?

Latest posts