Tek Light Vs. Nova

chun3rd

I am looking to buy the 24" 4x24W. They both seem to offer they same deal. Only and the major difference i see is pricing. plz tell me why each is better and what they can grow.

if fixture, the nova does not have individual reflectors, it has one reflector bent around each bulb. teks have individual reflectors which will give you optimum light reflection/par. i had a nova light, and my friend has one, they are plenty bright, i have no complaints about the nova.

ASommers

Make sure it's the nova pro. The standard is just one reflector.With out testing it, I don't know whether having true individual reflectors is that big of a deal if they made it right it should be just as good.

i've got the nova extreme non pro version and it rocks although i have seen a the extreme pro fixture in action on another reeferes tank and was pretty impressive. it was a little brighter....

CBlanks

I have the Nova Pro and it's very good. I doubt anyone could offer you a convincing argument as to how individual reflectors are better than a single reflector bent perfectly into shape so that it mimics individual reflectors. For the price I couldn't justify the TEK over the Nova. Good luck. Oh, and if all else fails maybe Patricia can offer you advice. She's new but she wants to know what's up.

Latest posts