Help por favor

Hey all got kinda a dumb question. I am in the process of starting up my 70G hexagon FO tank, the tank stand had a sump that is glued to the bottom, and even if were not glued would be almost impossible to take out. when setting it up I brought my tank into my LFS told him I wanted to go FO and keep the cost minimal, he said to get a carbon pad (I have bioballs already) put the pad on top of the bioballs and just place the return pump on the other side of the sump. so I did this, and a few days later seems to be not clear.

I think it may be to due to poor flow in the tank, and or my filtration in insufficient.

This brings me to my question, since I dont have adequate space in my sump to place a skimmer, could I get a skimmer and plum it to not be in the sump? Is there a specific type of skimmer that would be needed. Do I even need the skimmer ( I know it would be best) or could I use a canister filter. Thanks in advance. I will post some pics of the set up tomorrow after work.

Brandon

ASommers

What is in the tank now(sand, rocks)? I don't think a Skimmer is really necessary with a FO tank. I would give it a week for every thing to fully settle

What is in the tank now(sand, rocks)? I don't think a Skimmer is really necessary with a FO tank. I would give it a week for every thing to fully settle
Right now there is only live sand. Thanks for the advice, I figured I give it some time, I just know when I had my 100G w/ a skimmer, it cleared up really quick. Guess time will tell =)

how is the sump glued to the bottom of the tank? I can't picture this. There are also hang on the back skimmers if you feel you must have a skimmer on this tank that is not in the sump.