New featured LFS: Coral Gazers

Lmao! Loving the shirt chad!! When r we gonna see them @ the shop??

Glad coral gazers is featured this month! One of the, if not the best lfs in all of o.c.!!!! Thanks for all your help chad and the coral gazers crew!

Lmao! Loving the shirt chad!! When r we gonna see them @ the shop??

Glad coral gazers is featured this month! One of the, if not the best lfs in all of o.c.!!!! Thanks for all your help chad and the coral gazers crew!
This...

And that shirt is super sweet.

I once saw Chad give a guy two water turtles with the full setup for free. That's how cool he is. He always cruises the shop and enjoys showing off his tanks.

yeah! Coral gazers rocks. Glad I looked up tropical fish stores in google maps when I first moved here. Now everything I ever need is down the street at a great price. Thanks for all the help chad.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Yeah definitely check it out now that the three display tank trifecta is done! They are really pretty. Lots of eye candy.

OH, and you too can get your own SCRK Tshirt for the low price of $10! Thanks for the press Chad!

Clifford

Premium sponsor
Thanks Bean, I want another shirt if you have one. Maybe you guys can do a really spicy shirt next year that says "Be a Fraggit" or "Reefers have big pipes". LMAO

BeanMachine

Supporter
Thanks Bean, I want another shirt if you have one. Maybe you guys can do a really spicy shirt next year that says "Be a Fraggit" or "Reefers have big pipes". LMAO
LOL Oh we went through some good ones picking the saying. Many of us dig the saying but some of the family people didn't like them so much. Sucks I know but we have to appease the masses so next round probably won't. Oh well.

I'll grab you a shirt during our next meeting.

Why does everybody rave over this store? I have been to this store twice now and both times I was disappointed. (The second time I was even disgusted) The dry goods in this store are cluttered and the used lights etc are just in a pile on the floor.

The tanks in the pictures i have seen look immaculate; however both times I have been in there the tanks looked dirty to me. After the first time of driving out there I thought I would never go back. But I decided to give it another shot because everyone speaks so highly about it. The second time was worse then the first.

Yes they do have a lot of corals which is nice. But the last time I went in there one of the employees smelled so bad we could not stay in the store. I took my girlfriend in because of the high praise at this place but we made one quick lap around the frag tanks and left because we could not stand the smell. I'm not trying to be rude or talk **** but I just dont see why so many people praise this store, and these are just my observations and experiences with this particular store.

They even have a couple of large display tanks one with a couch in front of it, but I couldn't stay long enough to sit and look at those

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about because I am relatively new to this hobby but I have been to at least 15 and up to 25 local fish stores all over southern california (inland empire, orange county, la county and even down to San Diego) and this store is not one I would be back to anytime soon.

Maybe you have never talked to the employees . I have been to all the stores and ONLY go to coral gazers. This is why. Chad is very knowledgeable. He gives me great deals on EVERYTHING. Sure the store isn't perfect but you should have seen it a year ago. Man it has come a long way. Especially since it has only been 2 people running that show . Chad works more than anyone I know and he works hard! You don't mean to talk trash but you are. They have the best coral selection in socal. Only one who comes close in my opinion is fish collection. Coral gazers has high end stuff that you won't find at other spots. I will continue to support them as they are my local fish store. Maybe talk to someone next time ur there.

toomuch420

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe you have never talked to the employees . I have been to all the stores and ONLY go to coral gazers. This is why. Chad is very knowledgeable. He gives me great deals on EVERYTHING. Sure the store isn't perfect but you should have seen it a year ago. Man it has come a long way. Especially since it has only been 2 people running that show . Chad works more than anyone I know and he works hard! You don't mean to talk trash but you are. They have the best coral selection in socal. Only one who comes close in my opinion is fish collection. Coral gazers has high end stuff that you won't find at other spots. I will continue to support them as they are my local fish store. Maybe talk to someone next time ur there.
THIS!

*rAzOr*

To Mike: Although I don't mean to offend, I must point out that your post mostly sympathizes with the state that Coral Gazers is in. The previous poster assessed the store based on how he honestly perceived it. After reading his post, I couldn't help but reminisce about the trip I took with my wife to check out this highly acclaimed store.

We did eventually purchase things, but it was awkward and unpleasant at best. Selection was great, but the frag tanks and fish holding tanks were dirty, and it was difficult to know a price without bothering the employee. Dry goods section was crowded.

There was no lack of "cherry" selections, but it was unappealing to see that the average joe frogspawn was priced quite high as well.

Awkward. Even though we were essentially trying to get them to take our money - the employee helping us would constantly walk away, give us one word responses to open ended general questions, and left us wondering if he was just a genius unwilling to share his knowledge about coral care with us.

This was my second time there.

Latest posts