New featured LFS: Coral Gazers

There is obviously a few things that I need to clear up.

1. I made the first mistake of posting my thoughts in the Featured Fish Store thread... but too late to take that back as so many responses have been made.

2. I definately wasn't trying to "hate" on CG, just giving my opinions. I thought that part of this forum was to share our experiences and thoughts with each other. (not to share opinions just to be told your wrong and that you obviously don't know what you are talking about.)

3. Apparently I was a little harsh when I wrote my original post. I do realize I must be hard work running a store like that. But really is a little bit of organization too hard to ask from a LFS. I don't think so. Also, like stated by Confuse, most of this should be taken as constructive criticism anyways.

4. I understand that gallons upon gallons of saltwater is going to start to stink up a place. Especially in the summer; however, not ALL fish stores stink. I have been in a quite a few that do not. The stink I was talking about was clearly an employee with B/O. I deal with plenty of people who stink a little and stink a lot. I'm sure I am not the best smelling guy at work, but this was the kind of B/O that you just know has been multiple days without a shower. If I was Chad, which I am clearly not, I would be saying something to my employee about his person hygine, especially if it is keeping customers from staying in my store. (I am not an expert in labor laws/human resources so maybe he can't)

5.) Like I stated originally, they do have a great selection of corals, it just would have been nicer if I could have stayed to look at them longer. (There was even some stuff I wanted to buy)

Again, I wasn't trying to talk trash or cause drama or anything. Just giving my review of the store from the couple times I have been in there

One thing you will have to get used to is the "joking" that happens on this site. I said you were "hating" but i was joking. U can have your opinion, and i can have my mine. Even if that means in my opinion your a "HATER" (hahaha jk)

i just defended CG because they have helped me alot in this hobby. And like i said before he might not have the cleanest most organized store in the area, but He does have one of the best coral selections. on top of that he is a great guy that is willing to help anyone out. Plus give u a ton of info. I have watched him personally tell a customer NOT to buy a product from his store, because it wasnt what they needed. There arent many LFS that will turn down a sale.

I understand your first impression may not have been the greatest, and you might not ever go back to his store. But when there is a specialty coral im looking for, some honest advice, or the best prices on dry goods im going to Coral Gazers. I just wish someone had told me to go to Coral Gazers when i was new into this hobby, because It would have saved me a TON of money!!!

No dude. It sucks that you had bad experiences but us in turn are sharing the positive experiences we had. Here's why... Someone comes on this forum for the first time and they check out the HUGE banner that says Featured local fish store. The first thing they read is "I don't know why people rant and rave over this store. People stink, tanks are dirty. " that's the impression they get from someone who has been in there once or twice. Negative impressions have a wayyyyy bigger impact than positive ones. Everyone knows that. So for those of us that have been there a hundred times and have felt very welcomed, informed and treated very well, we might feel the need to back our local fish store. And who are trolls? Everyone who is backing the store have been around forever and have more posts than you.
No, Mike. I'm doubtful you even bothered to comprehend my previous post. For your information, the first link on the home page to "Featured Local Fish Store" takes a user to the feature page, and not this discussion. On the feature page, the owner has a pretty thorough introductory explanation of the store and his goals. The posts on this discussion thread are reflective of the experiences that these "first timers" had. Is it hating? I really don't think so.

In fact, I even went on to say that it's just as important to see all your posts backing the store. This is what encourages me to give the store another try, which I also went on to state that I will. I'm not really sure you saw that.

Those who decided to post uninformative and nonconstructive meme-stylized pictures are exactly that: uninformative, nonconstructive. There's your answer to the troll question.

These trolls you refer to have not exactly been around longer than I have. I don't see how post count has any bearing on anything besides ego. I have been around the forums long enough to disregard such silly numbers. Even more, how do you even know this isn't my secondary alias?

I don't believe anyone is here to hate on anyone or anyplace.

I didn't see the pic that guy posted. I didn't ever think you were hating. If I stated that, I was wrong. I was just trying to encourage others once they saw your post, to also know that all my experiences were good and that there werent always bad ones. I have no clue if you have another SN or why you would have more than one. But I apologize for speaking of your post count. That was naive of me. I really do hope you go there again and experience what I have experienced for a mere 2 years.

Check out the latest headline guys!!!!

yeah man him and john both lololol idk if i can handle it hahaa :p.. this is by far the funniest thing in this thread.. u wanna smell stink? from now on if ur going to this store u MUST have BO lol haha would stink soooo bad.. but anyways im just screwin around.. i think its the dreads john jk jk lol actually those are super clean dreads to be honest.. most are all groungy and pretty gross tbh urs are clean.. kinda jealous of them..and the patience u had to grow them out.. anyways back to the point of the store.. if your looking for great stuff for a great price stop on by i ALWAYS get super hooked up when im in there..

I just got into the hobby and I live down the street from this shop. My friend told me about Coral Gazers and I've literally been there every day for the last 4 days. Jose has been a huge help to me and has been helping answer any questions I may have. This is definitely a great shop that thrives in good customer service, friendly and they are very knowledgeable.

I'll definitely be here a lot!

Huntington Park, South Central and sometimes River
I just got into the hobby and I live down the street from this shop. My friend told me about Coral Gazers and I've literally been there every day for the last 4 days. Jose has been a huge help to me and has been helping answer any questions I may have. This is definitely a great shop that thrives in good customer service, friendly and they are very knowledgeable.

I'll definitely be here a lot!
That's great to hear Roger! BTW...where is your welcome thread? Introduce yourself so we can haze you into the community...lol.

Being in central Oc there are plenty of Lfs to choose from and since visiting Coral Gazers i have not been to any of the shops i used to frequent regularly .Chad and Jose are quick to give advice and suggestions and i will continue to give them my business .. Btw check out the used equipment for some killer deals
Thanks again guys
Lance

I drove to the location it was said to be at but couldn't find it :/ Will try and find it next time I go to the beach
They moved a little over 6 months ago.. They are 1 block south of their old location... In the same area as the bread basket resteraunt
Those phone number should still be the same.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

They moved a little over 6 months ago.. They are 1 block south of their old location... In the same area as the bread basket resteraunt
Those phone number should still be the same.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Haha well that makes a lot of sense, that is around the time I tried stopping by. I only had GPS on me that day unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up

Stopped by the other day. Very friendly worker/owner?

Did not have many fish in stock. A good amount of coral, but nothing really special. Mostly basic stuff.