User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Moderator pgr11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Name
    Chris
    Location
    Hesperia
    Posts
    11,007
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuse View Post
    Put it this way, I wouldn't spend a crapton of gas for nothing...

    Yep and Im another 30 mins north of you and I go to CG. Like you said its not cause i like to waist gas

  2. #32
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Keith
    Location
    Rancho Belago
    Posts
    2,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was just there today, for the first time. I liked Chad and his shop. Great selection ! and I will be back !
    Advanced Acrylic 250 gal, 103 gal sump, 2 - mp 40's, 2-wp 40s, Pacific Sun Pandora S-3, Hybrid, 1/4 hp arctica chiller, Vertex Alpha 200, aquaripure nitrate filter, aqua 57 watt U.V., Phosban and Charcoal Reactors, 3 - drew dosing pumps, Tunze 3155 A.T.O. "Never....... Ending......."

  3. #33
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Name
    Alex
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is obviously a few things that I need to clear up.

    1. I made the first mistake of posting my thoughts in the Featured Fish Store thread... but too late to take that back as so many responses have been made.

    2. I definately wasn't trying to "hate" on CG, just giving my opinions. I thought that part of this forum was to share our experiences and thoughts with each other. (not to share opinions just to be told your wrong and that you obviously don't know what you are talking about.)

    3. Apparently I was a little harsh when I wrote my original post. I do realize I must be hard work running a store like that. But really is a little bit of organization too hard to ask from a LFS. I don't think so. Also, like stated by Confuse, most of this should be taken as constructive criticism anyways.

    4. I understand that gallons upon gallons of saltwater is going to start to stink up a place. Especially in the summer; however, not ALL fish stores stink. I have been in a quite a few that do not. The stink I was talking about was clearly an employee with B/O. I deal with plenty of people who stink a little and stink a lot. I'm sure I am not the best smelling guy at work, but this was the kind of B/O that you just know has been multiple days without a shower. If I was Chad, which I am clearly not, I would be saying something to my employee about his person hygine, especially if it is keeping customers from staying in my store. (I am not an expert in labor laws/human resources so maybe he can't)

    5.) Like I stated originally, they do have a great selection of corals, it just would have been nicer if I could have stayed to look at them longer. (There was even some stuff I wanted to buy)

    Again, I wasn't trying to talk trash or cause drama or anything. Just giving my review of the store from the couple times I have been in there

  4. #34
    Premium Member Reeftime99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Name
    Eric
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #35
    "keepin'-it-real-ologist"
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Name
    Al
    Location
    Reeferside
    Posts
    5,062
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^^^omglmao!!!!
    I survived the Acid Rain BTA scandal of 2013.

    Team Polyclad FTW!

  6. #36
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Name
    Damian
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    5,647
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think you're "hating," but instead expressing your opinion and in turn, others are doing the same. Like I said, I think we have to agree to disagree. And really, who doesn't stink after going to their LFS? Hehe

  7. #37
    iLikeTurtles
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Name
    Jonathan
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It does seem strange that some of you who have had great experiences with this shop feel the need to guilt those who are posting what they in turn have experienced. For some perspective, please do note that many of us may be visiting this store for the first time, and are doing so in response to reading this page: http://www.socalireefs.com/index.php?pageid=cg

    Should there have been aspects of one's experience that didn't quite line up with expectation, it should be on principle that one speaks up, if at the very least for the sake of helping the store do even better.

    In my specific case, I had hoped for more interaction. Sales pitch? No. No store I've been to in the past two years has attempted to sales pitch anything of the sort. On the other hand, general reef talk shouldn't be impermissible, now, should it? I welcome any and all opportunity to make new face-to-face contacts in the reefing world, and I thought I'd be able to do the same here. Twice I've tried, twice I've felt estranged.

    It doesn't surprise me, however, (and neither should it surprise you all), that I will still visit this store again in spite of my previous experiences. I want to see this store "at its best," and I am not convinced that my previous two experiences were exactly that.


    Finally, to those wasting screen space with monkey pictures and trollish implication, please. Like one of you said, this is the featured LFS thread. I think we can do better.

  8. #38
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Name
    Mike Gilliland
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    2,037
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    It does seem strange that some of you who have had great experiences with this shop feel the need to guilt those who are posting what they in turn have experienced. For some perspective, please do note that many of us may be visiting this store for the first time, and are doing so in response to reading this page: http://www.socalireefs.com/index.php?pageid=cg

    Should there have been aspects of one's experience that didn't quite line up with expectation, it should be on principle that one speaks up, if at the very least for the sake of helping the store do even better.

    In my specific case, I had hoped for more interaction. Sales pitch? No. No store I've been to in the past two years has attempted to sales pitch anything of the sort. On the other hand, general reef talk shouldn't be impermissible, now, should it? I welcome any and all opportunity to make new face-to-face contacts in the reefing world, and I thought I'd be able to do the same here. Twice I've tried, twice I've felt estranged.

    It doesn't surprise me, however, (and neither should it surprise you all), that I will still visit this store again in spite of my previous experiences. I want to see this store "at its best," and I am not convinced that my previous two experiences were exactly that.


    Finally, to those wasting screen space with monkey pictures and trollish implication, please. Like one of you said, this is the featured LFS thread. I think we can do better.
    No dude. It sucks that you had bad experiences but us in turn are sharing the positive experiences we had. Here's why... Someone comes on this forum for the first time and they check out the HUGE banner that says Featured local fish store. The first thing they read is "I don't know why people rant and rave over this store. People stink, tanks are dirty. " that's the impression they get from someone who has been in there once or twice. Negative impressions have a wayyyyy bigger impact than positive ones. Everyone knows that. So for those of us that have been there a hundred times and have felt very welcomed, informed and treated very well, we might feel the need to back our local fish store. And who are trolls? Everyone who is backing the store have been around forever and have more posts than you.

  9. #39
    "keepin'-it-real-ologist"
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Name
    Al
    Location
    Reeferside
    Posts
    5,062
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeGilliland View Post
    Negative impressions have a wayyyyy bigger impact than positive ones.
    Good point. I'm tagging along with this thread as are a LOT of others...
    I survived the Acid Rain BTA scandal of 2013.

    Team Polyclad FTW!

  10. #40
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Name
    Damian
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Posts
    5,647
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Check out the latest headline guys!!!!


  11. #41
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Name
    Nick
    Location
    Eastvale, Ca (Corona)
    Posts
    13,447
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumbostink View Post
    There is obviously a few things that I need to clear up.

    1. I made the first mistake of posting my thoughts in the Featured Fish Store thread... but too late to take that back as so many responses have been made.

    2. I definately wasn't trying to "hate" on CG, just giving my opinions. I thought that part of this forum was to share our experiences and thoughts with each other. (not to share opinions just to be told your wrong and that you obviously don't know what you are talking about.)

    3. Apparently I was a little harsh when I wrote my original post. I do realize I must be hard work running a store like that. But really is a little bit of organization too hard to ask from a LFS. I don't think so. Also, like stated by Confuse, most of this should be taken as constructive criticism anyways.

    4. I understand that gallons upon gallons of saltwater is going to start to stink up a place. Especially in the summer; however, not ALL fish stores stink. I have been in a quite a few that do not. The stink I was talking about was clearly an employee with B/O. I deal with plenty of people who stink a little and stink a lot. I'm sure I am not the best smelling guy at work, but this was the kind of B/O that you just know has been multiple days without a shower. If I was Chad, which I am clearly not, I would be saying something to my employee about his person hygine, especially if it is keeping customers from staying in my store. (I am not an expert in labor laws/human resources so maybe he can't)

    5.) Like I stated originally, they do have a great selection of corals, it just would have been nicer if I could have stayed to look at them longer. (There was even some stuff I wanted to buy)

    Again, I wasn't trying to talk trash or cause drama or anything. Just giving my review of the store from the couple times I have been in there

    One thing you will have to get used to is the "joking" that happens on this site. I said you were "hating" but i was joking. U can have your opinion, and i can have my mine. Even if that means in my opinion your a "HATER" (hahaha jk)

    i just defended CG because they have helped me alot in this hobby. And like i said before he might not have the cleanest most organized store in the area, but He does have one of the best coral selections. on top of that he is a great guy that is willing to help anyone out. Plus give u a ton of info. I have watched him personally tell a customer NOT to buy a product from his store, because it wasnt what they needed. There arent many LFS that will turn down a sale.

    I understand your first impression may not have been the greatest, and you might not ever go back to his store. But when there is a specialty coral im looking for, some honest advice, or the best prices on dry goods im going to Coral Gazers. I just wish someone had told me to go to Coral Gazers when i was new into this hobby, because It would have saved me a TON of money!!!
    HOT DOGS ARE GOOD!!!

  12. #42
    iLikeTurtles
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Name
    Jonathan
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeGilliland View Post
    No dude. It sucks that you had bad experiences but us in turn are sharing the positive experiences we had. Here's why... Someone comes on this forum for the first time and they check out the HUGE banner that says Featured local fish store. The first thing they read is "I don't know why people rant and rave over this store. People stink, tanks are dirty. " that's the impression they get from someone who has been in there once or twice. Negative impressions have a wayyyyy bigger impact than positive ones. Everyone knows that. So for those of us that have been there a hundred times and have felt very welcomed, informed and treated very well, we might feel the need to back our local fish store. And who are trolls? Everyone who is backing the store have been around forever and have more posts than you.
    No, Mike. I'm doubtful you even bothered to comprehend my previous post. For your information, the first link on the home page to "Featured Local Fish Store" takes a user to the feature page, and not this discussion. On the feature page, the owner has a pretty thorough introductory explanation of the store and his goals. The posts on this discussion thread are reflective of the experiences that these "first timers" had. Is it hating? I really don't think so.

    In fact, I even went on to say that it's just as important to see all your posts backing the store. This is what encourages me to give the store another try, which I also went on to state that I will. I'm not really sure you saw that.

    Those who decided to post uninformative and nonconstructive meme-stylized pictures are exactly that: uninformative, nonconstructive. There's your answer to the troll question.

    These trolls you refer to have not exactly been around longer than I have. I don't see how post count has any bearing on anything besides ego. I have been around the forums long enough to disregard such silly numbers. Even more, how do you even know this isn't my secondary alias?

    I don't believe anyone is here to hate on anyone or anyplace.

  13. #43
    Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Name
    Mike Gilliland
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    2,037
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't see the pic that guy posted. I didn't ever think you were hating. If I stated that, I was wrong. I was just trying to encourage others once they saw your post, to also know that all my experiences were good and that there werent always bad ones. I have no clue if you have another SN or why you would have more than one. But I apologize for speaking of your post count. That was naive of me. I really do hope you go there again and experience what I have experienced for a mere 2 years.

  14. #44
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Name
    Travis
    Location
    Norco
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuse View Post
    Check out the latest headline guys!!!!

    yeah man him and john both lololol idk if i can handle it hahaa .. this is by far the funniest thing in this thread.. u wanna smell stink? from now on if ur going to this store u MUST have BO lol haha would stink soooo bad.. but anyways im just screwin around.. i think its the dreads john jk jk lol actually those are super clean dreads to be honest.. most are all groungy and pretty gross tbh urs are clean.. kinda jealous of them..and the patience u had to grow them out.. anyways back to the point of the store.. if your looking for great stuff for a great price stop on by i ALWAYS get super hooked up when im in there..

  15. #45
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Name
    Roger
    Location
    Tustin, CA
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just got into the hobby and I live down the street from this shop. My friend told me about Coral Gazers and I've literally been there every day for the last 4 days. Jose has been a huge help to me and has been helping answer any questions I may have. This is definitely a great shop that thrives in good customer service, friendly and they are very knowledgeable.

    I'll definitely be here a lot!

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •