need help wiring.....

crad190

ok i got a lumenmax relfector and a ice cap ballast and the ballast is already wired so it can be plugged into the wall, but i don't know how to connest the ballast to the reflector.

that is the plug that came with the reflector....

I will admit it i have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to wiring or electronics..... but i was hoping you guys could help....

please let me know

chris,

Well I am not familiar with this product, but it appears you just have the reflector and the male adapter plug attached to the reflector, The ballast, if made for that reflector should have the female adapter that, that plugs into then from the remote ballast into the wall (standard 120V) If your ballast does not have that female adapter I am sure you can find one somewhere, just splice it up and your good to go, If you want to gheto rig it, cut the male adapter of and hard wire them together. =P

the plug is the wrong type for an icecap. you can look for an adapter or splice off the connector and connect it directly to the icecap ballast (depending on the type your have)

White to white, black to black, green to green.

I'd recommend using a water proof twist cap. Getting ready to take the flight home, so I'll take some pictures when I get home.

Also not that if you are going to hard wire them together, you will lose the quick dissconect feature, There are ways around it but most arent athseticaly pleasing.

Latest posts