What is it with local fish stores and Astraea snails?

Vesian

I really don't understand the stocking choices the LFSs near Huntington make. When I go into each one of them looking to buy a cleanup crew for my tank, I always see the same three inverts stocked: Astraea snails, Turbo snails, and hermit crabs. Nassarius snails occasionally. NEVER Cerith or Nerite...which is interesting to me. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Astraea snails being a pain in the arse and killing themselves. Why is it that fish stores I visit only stock Astraeas? Is there some secret benefit to them I don't know about to explain the stocking choice? Conversely, why is it so darn difficult to find Ceriths and Nerites? I can rarely find them at Tongs, but that's about it...

I really don't understand the stocking choices the LFSs near Huntington make. When I go into each one of them looking to buy a cleanup crew for my tank, I always see the same three inverts stocked: Astraea snails, Turbo snails, and hermit crabs. Nassarius snails occasionally. NEVER Cerith or Nerite...which is interesting to me. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Astraea snails being a pain in the arse and killing themselves. Why is it that fish stores I visit only stock Astraeas? Is there some secret benefit to them I don't know about to explain the stocking choice? Conversely, why is it so darn difficult to find Ceriths and Nerites? I can rarely find them at Tongs, but that's about it...
We are doing a group buy on these cleaning crews. You can check out the post on the group buy forum. We can get these Ceriths and Nerites at a very good price. Check it out.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
eye candy aquarium got in a lot of different snails so ceriths and some nass. hiding in the sand

Clifford

Premium sponsor
I have just about every snail and can beat just about anyones price. Plus I live in huntington beach. Call me at the shop and you can pick them up from my house.

Latest posts