Opinions on Hurricane Dual Home/Reef

Hey guys I won the Hurricane Dual Home/Reef with Permeate Pump & Tank RO/DI unit from MAX and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? How does it rate with the other brands and units? I've been looking for at the Extreme Typhoon III and some people say ro/di is ro/di and others are super picky and say you should go with like a Maxcap Spectrapure. What do you think? Let me know thanks in advance.

Here's the link:
http://www.airwaterice.com/product/HURRICANE/Hurricane_Dual_HomeReef_with_Permeate_Pump_Tank.html

WILL

Airwaterice is a great company. I have 2 (Typhoon 5 and just got recently got the Neptune 200gph) of their RO/DI unit and they work great. I have also had great customer support from them as well.

I would have to agree with those that say RO/DI is RO/DI. Why spend more to get the same end result? JMO

d34532

Best on what I hear from the guys at the company you need only replace it once a year but I would say useage and local tap tds is a huge factor on how often. Best on what I say they had some nice stuff.

I replace mine when the TDS goes to 1 which is about a year for me. It'll vary based on TDS level inputed and usage. I'd say 6-8 months heavy usage or 1-1 1/2 years for light

Last edited: