Restless anemone

Why do some anemones constantly move around? are they searching for something other than the perfect spot to anchor to? My anemone won't settle down anywhere and its really messed up a couple of corals by stinging them. Is there anything I can do to help the anemone settle down or do I have to let it keep doing its thing till it decides where to settle? :hmpf:

It is a rose anemone, pretty **** large to about 6-8" in diameter and long waivy tentacles. One of prettiest roses I have ever seen, not the typical japanese roses. I do not feed it directly but I know that it gets plenty of food when I feed the tank. Isnt an anemone's main source for food light to produce zooanthelle? Could it possibly be on the move as it is on the hunt for food? Are some species a bit more restless than others?

some are more restless yes. light is the majority of its food yes. could it be hunting, basically, yes. anemones generally move because they are unhappy, light, flow, food, something just isn't quite right.
another trick with BTA's is they don't particularly like crossing sand, they prefer to stick to rocks, so if you isolate it to a little island, the rest of your stuff will be safe, well, safer.

I think this guy finally found its spot. It has stayed anchored for over a week and its getting some really nice flow and expansion. Took out a few corals in its journey but nothing to devasting.

Latest posts