Reef Safe Medications

I was wondering what medicines people have used in their reefs with success? We all know things we shouldn't put in our tanks but what's worked for you?

i recently battled an eye fungus/bacteria on my powder brown tang with success in the main reef tank using Melafix, and Pimafix. i suffered no losses of anything in the tank. and i overdosed.
the negative to it is you can't run your skimmer, so waterchanges are required to keep the water clean. it also took 95g total water change on 150g total water volume before i could run my skimmer without it overflowing immediately.
but it worked, so the annoyance was worth my tangs eyeball.
info-its all natural.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=11269

Last edited:
kick-ich worked for me... used in a 28g jbj tank... took two treatments and it had no adverse effect on any corals in my tank.

i have also used ultralife reef products "red slime remover"... no problemo using this in my tank either.

lastly blue life "aiptasia control". works like a charm!!!

Aquafrags

another vote for Kich Ich, nver thought I would use it, but I did, Finally, It workedGoldfish

I used melafix with no adverse effects. Turned the skimmer down to the lowest setting. I put an couple airstones in the sump to gauge when I could turn the skimmer back up. After a couple water changes the airstones quit creating foam on the surface I was able to turn the skimmer back up to it's original level.

I also use Blue life Aptaisa control when them little suckers show up. Helped me eradicate one huge sucker that would sink down into the live rock every time I got near it.

Finally I have used flatworm exit with great success.

I've used Melafix and Pimafix with good results... you just have to dose 2x the stated amount because the medication is for a fresh water system...

I've also used Kick-ICH, awesome product!!