Registered Member
    Name
    Jorge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbii View Post
    don't feel bad pancho... weekend is dead... i forgot all about this thread... LOL...

make the "upporter" part bigger...
    YEAH IT DOES LOOK KINDA WEIRD AND LOST!! I'll do that.
    I reef therefore I am

Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope you win then... LOL... i got a huge project coming up... this guy wants me to vectorize/draw these inked comic book heroes... FML... but the pay is right... how do you like using illustrator...? i got used to corel draw... it needs more simple tools...
    I like illustrator. I went to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena with an illustration major. Perhaps I didn't learn it as well as the graphic design guys, but I'm pretty proficient with illustrator and photoshop. I've never used Corel Draw though. How do you like it? Have you ever used "live trace" feature on illustrator? You can adjust the sensitivity under "tracing options". That might be the way to go for a quick and high quality transfer from ink to vector on your comic job.

Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent way too much time on this :/

So here is my take on the Supporter/Sponsor/Moderator/Administrator badges. I figured if I did one then I would do them all so that there is consistency between them all. They follow the same design, but each have their own color and a different fish in the large bubble. I liked the bubbles and fish on the old logo, so I took the position of an upgrade rather than a redo.

Let me know what you think or if there are any suggestions.
    Thanks!

Here are the 150 x 100 pixel badges:

The background is the same color as the panel they will display on(in dark reef), so it will look pretty seamless.

Here is a larger image of the badges:

Fail Reefer
    Name
    Takashiro
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow those look really nice Rexbrown.
    ><((((º>

Banned
    Name
    Luis
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicceee!!

Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Super nice Derek. So far those are my favorite

Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lurking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toromp View Post
    Nicceee!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pgr11 View Post
    Super nice Derek. So far those are my favorite
    Thanks guys. Let me know if there are any suggestions for revision. I tried to choose fish that would have an interesting silhouette. If you think of one that may be better, let me know.

Name
    Juan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RexBrown View Post
    Thanks guys. Let me know if there are any suggestions for revision. I tried to choose fish that would have an interesting silhouette. If you think of one that may be better, let me know.
    They look very nice, a suggestion though, I kind of like how the originals had the rounded corners, maybe thats something that you can look into. Makes them look more like a thumbnail than a banner.

Registered Member
    Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

looks really nice, maybe one suggestion is to play around with the fonts to see what different ones look like?

also maybe have the supporter/administrator/moderator in italics too distinguish it from the "SCR"?

Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbaeza83 View Post
    They look very nice, a suggestion though, I kind of like how the originals had the rounded corners, maybe thats something that you can look into. Makes them look more like a thumbnail than a banner.
    Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem is that there are now two color schemes(day reef and dark reef). Since the corners have to be colored the same as the background to "disappear", it will look bad when viewed on the opposite color scheme. To see what I'm talking about, look at page 1 of this thread on EyeReef's administrator badge. It was formatted for a light background and when viewed with dark reef, there are little white tabs on the corners that don't belong.

One thing though is that the background on the badges is the same dark gray as the panel that they would be displayed in, so you shouldn't be able to see the edges at all in dark reef mode(I think it will look slick). In day reef, they will look like they do in the posting.

Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slee013 View Post
    looks really nice, maybe one suggestion is to play around with the fonts to see what different ones look like?

also maybe have the supporter/administrator/moderator in italics too distinguish it from the "SCR"?
    I did try using italic at one point, but it didn't look right to me. The reason I chose Helvetica for the font is because it's a bold and clean looking sans serif font. I tried to make it as clean as possible to match the new forum format. The tool bars and a few buttons have that "3-D with upper light source" look, so I added that to the bubbles. When I added it to the text, it just looked too congested. With it being scaled down to 100 x 500 pixels, I didn't want to make it too complicated. These are actually a simplified version of my first design. It looked great, but not when miniaturized.

Registered Member
    Name
    Cori
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope you win then... LOL... i got a huge project coming up... this guy wants me to vectorize/draw these inked comic book heroes... FML... but the pay is right... how do you like using illustrator...? i got used to corel draw... it needs more simple tools...
    I use illustrator allday everyday at work and home. I love it...

Contributing Member
    Name
    King Tutankhamun
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Moderator should be a Great White, instead of a Mandarin. Other than that, looks quality to me.

send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

I like illustrator. I went to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena with an illustration major. Perhaps I didn't learn it as well as the graphic design guys, but I'm pretty proficient with illustrator and photoshop. I've never used Corel Draw though. How do you like it? Have you ever used "live trace" feature on illustrator? You can adjust the sensitivity under "tracing options". That might be the way to go for a quick and high quality transfer from ink to vector on your comic job.
    it has quick trace and a bunch of options and junk... i don't like doing this... it traces with a ton of colors, a i have to weld everything and i'm not about that...

nah, i'm just doing this kinda quick... it's for decals for a custie's car... i dunno if i'm going to cut the vinyl though... i hope i do...

I spent way too much time on this :/

So here is my take on the Supporter/Sponsor/Moderator/Administrator badges. I figured if I did one then I would do them all so that there is consistency between them all. They follow the same design, but each have their own color and a different fish in the large bubble. I liked the bubbles and fish on the old logo, so I took the position of an upgrade rather than a redo.

Let me know what you think or if there are any suggestions.
    Thanks!

Here are the 150 x 100 pixel badges:

The background is the same color as the panel they will display on(in dark reef), so it will look pretty seamless.

Here is a larger image of the badges:
    you win... i didn't try doing anything this weekend, so i'm not gonna try... good job...

wtf...? i thought you were my cheerleader...??¿

I did try using italic at one point, but it didn't look right to me. The reason I chose Helvetica for the font is because it's a bold and clean looking sans serif font. I tried to make it as clean as possible to match the new forum format. The tool bars and a few buttons have that "3-D with upper light source" look, so I added that to the bubbles. When I added it to the text, it just looked too congested. With it being scaled down to 100 x 500 pixels, I didn't want to make it too complicated. These are actually a simplified version of my first design. It looked great, but not when miniaturized.
    nah, leave it alone... picking fonts is a mission... my laptop has 4,000 different fonts with sub fonts... that's the hardest part for me, finding a font that fits...

I like to think of it as you were loving on my pipes rather than working on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Hey man, as long as there aint no funky tongue action, I'm cool with it, LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greaser9999 View Post
    Please do not send me nudes of u & Noah together

Registered Member
    Name
    Cori
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres a simple one

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information