bio-pellet brands

From my research bio pellets won't get rid of ur phosphate problem, it's Mainly nitrates. If u want a cheap alternative to bio pellet, vodka dose. My nitrates were 20+, and after a month of vodka dosing, it dropped to 0-5. Also my phosphates went down, but I run gfo to get it to 0. Get a syringe and start by adding 1ml of vodka and slowly ramp up till ur nitrates read 0. Just make sure u ramp up slowly. Otherwise u could have a bad algae bloom.

Sent from my iPhone

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
I use Dr Tims in conjunction with his waste-away dosing & GFO, i used to have warner marine but Dr. Tims seems to be a bit more reliable for me and its fun to talk to him at the trade shows (customer service is A++).

I found myself at So Cal Tropical earlier and bought Sea Side Aquatic pellets.. Its a house brand but my original first choice was EcoBak. Come to find out when I opened the EcoBak container to compare, ITS THE SAME pellets! Shape, cut, color, everything!.. so i went with the product that was $20 less and gave me 50% more.. hehe..

so even with Bio-pellet, I shouldn't suspend GFO huh?...

Like I said pellets don't remove all phosphates. Idk the whole science behind it but I personally know someone running BPs and they have to run gfo to keep phosphates low

Sent from my iPhone

Effin' A... i dont even run GFO to begin with!!.. more stuff to buy and clean out for these lil coral princesses...

I got natural GFO. 300 mangroves and a 24 x 15 x 4 inch mat of chaeto :).. good enough?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've been running BPs for almost 2 years now and haven't had to run GFO. PO4 has never been higher than 0.01, even with the big boy Hanna PO4 checker. I do have a fuge with chaeto and kick arses skimmer.

I found myself at So Cal Tropical earlier and bought Sea Side Aquatic pellets.. Its a house brand but my original first choice was EcoBak. Come to find out when I opened the EcoBak container to compare, ITS THE SAME pellets! Shape, cut, color, everything!.. so i went with the product that was $20 less and gave me 50% more.. hehe..

so even with Bio-pellet, I shouldn't suspend GFO huh?...
ecoBAK is patent pending and the manufacturer knows the sale of our particular compound is prohibited. More than likely you're talking about the "melt-grade" which is sold to companies to make plastic knives, forks etc. They're made in the same factory on the same equipment but not the same composition as ecoBAK.

Latest posts