Hello Just found this forum

ASommers

Well I have a spray bar system on the bottom of the tank with eggcrate on top of that and have rock rubble on top of that so I'm guessing from the rock to the lights is maybe 18". I constructed a frame on the back wall of the tank allowing me to run the rock work vertically up the back and still have about an inch of open area back there. Was thinking something similar to a cave, I have a couple of more rocks kuring that are going to be attached to the top frame. Decided on T5 for heat purposes and power requirements. Plus the added benefit of not having to purchase a whole setup all at once.

ohhh, damn, I forgot. Musta been an alzheimer moment.....

Anyway, I been good for the longest time. And i been very public about my apologies, and accepting my responbsibility in getting myself banned, so I am still hopeful that one day, someone may have a change in heart and allow the privilidge of participating in the largest reef forum in the world.

I am thankful that I have not had any huge crisis that I needed the assitance of my local bretheren that I could have only gotten from RC.

(I was able to get halp through this forum and another forum)

But that is still not to say that I would not want to participate with RC memb ers that are not comfortable switching to these smaller forums quite yet....

(btw: that is threee negatives in the sentance above. Anyone care to fathom how I could have said that without using any negatives???)

Bill

ac III help

BTW: I am still pullng my hair out trying to get to get my acIII to email me. OR BETTER YET, display a webpage that can be seen across the web....

Uggghhh

Bill

ASommers

spraybar was on the tank when I got it from a friend. I have 2 nozzles on the left side with the rubble on the bottom the spraybar keeps keep stuff suspended while the 2 nozzles push it towards the corner overflow that pulls from the bottom of the tank along with the overflow part on top. As far as I can tell this seems to be working very well, the only think I can see settling under the eggcrate are a couple small pieces of the rock rumble everything else get pushed back into the water column or gets pulled into the overflow. I also installed a valve so I can direct more flow from my dart pump into those 2 nozzles supplied by a 1" pipe to help flush it out if necessary.

Nice, I plan on some sort of UGJ system when I upgrade from my 65g. Always nice to see it working out. Keep me posted on how it works out in the long run. :D

ASommers

Only SPS's I plan on are monti's but mostly softies and try a sea fan or 2 so I'm going with 4 T5s 1 UV supper actinic, 1 UV Aqua Sun, and 2 ATI Blue+. As far as sand goes I'm going to hooking up a remote deep sand bed. I'll be taking some pics tonight and get you guys opinions just trying to do something different.:rock:

ASommers

OK here is the tank in it's current state

Not sure that I'm completely happy with it yet, there will also be rock attached to the top of the tank also.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
nice..are you keeping sps? If so, you might have to eventually take out some of those rocks..but light loving corals will love it up there on the high rocks