PH fluctuations/ Drip to CA Reactor?

I am trying to combat the fluctuations with my PH. During the day it peaks at 8.2 and by the time the lights come back on, the PH is as low as 7.8. My lights come on at 3pm and go off at 2am. (It gets hot here in Moreno Valley). I currently have my effluent dripping into my fuge. I do not want to drip kalk.
What are the pros and cons of having the effluent drip into the skimmer? I have an AquaC EV 240 with a Mag 18 pump. It comes with an inlet that allows a tube to be run from the CA reactor. Pros Cons?

Dripping kalk will solve your problem...............but you've said you don't wanna drip kalk........

What would having the effluent dripping into the skimmer accomplish? I'm a calcium reactor newbie, so I'm tagging along.... :D

Yinger

The only problem with dripping into the skimmer is that it will cause calicification in the skimmer itself...

If pH is a big concern, you can always drip into a hang on fish tray with an airstone in it... the airstone will get rid of the excess co2 and the remaining effluent should test around 7.8-7.9 rather than having 6.~ effluent go straight into the sump.

Steve,
I have read somewhere that dripping the effluent into the skimmer will allow the CO2 to be blown out and not cause the PH to drop.

The only problem with dripping into the skimmer is that it will cause calicification in the skimmer itself...

If pH is a big concern, you can always drip into a hang on fish tray with an airstone in it... the airstone will get rid of the excess co2 and the remaining effluent should test around 7.8-7.9 rather than having 6.~ effluent go straight into the sump.

Thanks Ying, I will check that out. It currently drips into a cup then the sump. I will get an airstone this week.

Latest posts