ich treatment

looks like my naso tang is starting to get a few spots of ick..
other fish doing great..
ok to add copper to display tank??
never plan on doing any in it..
also will the copper affect my baby banded shark in there?
also any suggestions on how to get the lil guy to eat and what to feed?
tried alot of diff things..
:hmmmm:

i would consider trying the UV route. espec since you have tangs. if you get ride of the shark you can try some cleaner shrimp. make sure your water parameters are good as well. best of luck

Attack Ich from Kordon worked for me and a few others here, just make sure you double dose
You can get it at Petco or Petsmart, just call them first to see if its in stock

i've had good luck with garlic elixir. you can pick it up at pacific reef or order it online. just mix it with the food you are going to feed your fish, let it sit for about 10 minutes to fully saturate the food, then feed it to your fish.

garlic isn't a cure for ich, but it's know to help boost their imune system and appetite. whenever i see a spot on my fish, i add garlic elixir to their food for a few days, and it goes away...

ok thanks for the info on the shark...glad i didnt use it yet!
i dont have much live rock in the tank..
water pars are all fine..
ph-8.2
nitrite-0
nitrate-0
ammonia-0

the naso just goes through strange moods
the other day he was swimming gasping for air with his back end towards the bottom..
i though it was because we unlpugged the air pump, we reconnected that and he was fine.
but hes doing it again today so im thinking ick in the gills?
i feed every day with food soaked in garlic. i have tried Rid-ick with NO luck ever. copper iv found best but like i said, wasnt sure bout the shark.
ill take him out and dose the entire tank with copper i think.
are banded sharks reef safe? oh AND iv had a in tank UV sterilizer(which im thinking the in tank ones might be crap) for about a month...but i also know the UV wont kill them once on the fish...all the other fish seem fine.
(humu and clown trigger, convict tang, panther grouper, shark, naso of course, greenspot puffer, bluespot valentine, 4 black clowns, porcupine puffer, emperor angel...yes they all get along!!) no inverts in this tank! triggers would have a great dinner tho haha.

Latest posts