powerhead placement...

I currently have my powerheards place in the back of the tank facing in directions where waterflow goes in a circular motion..

but I noticed that the sides of my tank debris is building up.. Middle area are all nice and white sand but the right and left side its kinda brown.

What other ways are good to place the powerheads? both facing forward where water is shooting stright? or pointing it where it shoots forward but criss crosses with the left and right powerhead or should I just purchase another one smaller one?

hope that wasn't confusing.. lol

R

reefer714

I currently have my powerheards place in the back of the tank facing in directions where waterflow goes in a circular motion..

but I noticed that the sides of my tank debris is building up.. Middle area are all nice and white sand but the right and left side its kinda brown.

What other ways are good to place the powerheads? both facing forward where water is shooting stright? or pointing it where it shoots forward but criss crosses with the left and right powerhead or should I just purchase another one smaller one?

hope that wasn't confusing.. lol

If you point the powerhead into the glass as an angle. You should be able to cover large parameter. I have a few question for you

1. What kind of powerhead are you using?

2. How many gallon per hour?

3. How many powerhead to you have?

4. How big is your tank?

5. What are the dimension?

I agree with sandman, wavebox help a lot. I used to have 4 tunze 6200 run in my cube without the tunze wavebox, i still have dead spot even tho 4 pumps = 20K + gph.

If you point the powerhead into the glass as an angle. You should be able to cover large parameter. I have a few question for you

1. What kind of powerhead are you using?

2. How many gallon per hour?

3. How many powerhead to you have?

4. How big is your tank?

5. What are the dimension?

I agree with sandman, wavebox help a lot. I used to have 4 tunze 6200 run in my cube without the tunze wavebox, i still have dead spot even tho 4 pumps = 20K + gph.
I have 2 maxijet 1200's.

90g tank.

Not sure on the dimensions right now..

Mainly just rock and fish.

maybe i'll try the angle against the glass and use that little hose to adjust the strength of flow? I just found that yesterday.. so it doens't blow my sand all over the place..

found one of my smaller powerheads and I placed it in the dead spot area's..

so far its clearing up very slowly.. I guess I can go from there. the flow comes out in a wave pattern so I guess it works out.