July 2012 Featured Reef! Must see

MedRed

Featured Reef
Did you take your powerheads off for you FTS? Or are the hiding that well?

I took them off to clean them right before the photoshoot and ended up just taking all of the pics with them off. I normally have them barely visible and i can completely hided them behind the rock work while attached if necessary

MedRed

Featured Reef
Thank you! I do allow visitors so long as you aren't trying to kill, rape, assault, kidnap, or rob me!

Hey, I just noticed you don't keep a lot of fish, just small ones. Are you trying to keep the bio load down, and try to stay away from the dreaded ich . No large fish or tang ich magnets....

MedRed

Featured Reef
Hey, I just noticed you don't keep a lot of fish, just small ones. Are you trying to keep the bio load down, and try to stay away from the dreaded ich . No large fish or tang ich magnets....
Hey Mr. Plant! You are correct in that I keep only a few small fish to keep the bioload down. I also keep fish that aesthetically fit the scale of tank and fish with habits that are comfortable in a tank this size. I belong to the tang police, so I'm against placing very active or larger fish in tanks that are too small for them.

MedRed

Featured Reef
Thank you jbt! I actually would have preferred my overflow to have been off to one side, but I don't hate it in the middle.

All Delight

Very nice tank. Congrats on the nice work and those acros look amazing.

Can you go into detail about the candy basslets? I'm looking to get one for my upgrade and I'd like to know what their swimming habits are like. I've read they like to hide near rock work and don't swim out in the open all that much. But that could be related to other tank inhabitants. Also, how easy was it to get them to feed off pellets?

MedRed

Featured Reef
Congrats... Very nice. Do you have a build thread?
Thank you! I sure do!

http://www.socalireefs.com/forums/showthread.php?32061-MedRed-s-60-Gallon-Solana-XL. I have more comprehensive build threads on RC and nano reef

Very nice tank. Congrats on the nice work and those acros look amazing.

Can you go into detail about the candy basslets? I'm looking to get one for my upgrade and I'd like to know what their swimming habits are like. I've read they like to hide near rock work and don't swim out in the open all that much. But that could be related to other tank inhabitants. Also, how easy was it to get them to feed off pellets?
The candy basslets ate pellets right off the bat. They did hide quite a bit when I first got them. Eventually they were comfortable staying out for food. At some point they quit hiding and just spend all day cruising around the rock work.

Latest posts