Megalodon Tooth

Huntington Park, South Central and sometimes River
One of my dive buddies just sent me this picture. It's a Megalodon Tooth. From North Carolina, 40 miles out, found at 100 fsw. 7" long.

Amazing huh?

Edit: The diver is the immortal Luke Walker. Fellow HSU Fisheries and Scientific Diving Alumnus. Not decompression sickness, stab wounds or even a rescue diver class with me could kill him lol. Great guy and well deserving of this find!

pgr11

Supporter
Oh yeah it's a little presumptuous of me to assume everyone knows what a Megalodon is...it is Carcharodon megalodon. A prehistoric relative of the modern day White Shark, Carcharodon carcharias. It grew to over 50 ft and hunted whales.
I thought everyone knew

ShiftyGirl

Premium Member
Supporter
Still not the biggest animal, prehistoric or otherwise, to inhabit the earth and sea. (Just my 2 cents of intelligence.) Still wouldn't want to come within 50 feet of it.

Last edited:
One of my dive buddies just sent me this picture. It's a Megalodon Tooth. From North Carolina, 40 miles out, found at 100 fsw. 7" long.

Amazing huh?

Edit: The diver is the immortal Luke Walker. Fellow HSU Fisheries and Scientific Diving Alumnus. Not decompression sickness, stab wounds or even a rescue diver class with me could kill him lol. Great guy and well deserving of this find!
Hi El Dude, I saw your friends picture of the megalodon tooth you posted. I'm looking to buy megalodon teeth from divers, wholesale.
If you know of divers such as your friend who are finding these in bucket loads I'd like to talk to them.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Larry

Amazing huh?

I would rock that on a necklace!

Latest posts