SPS Addiction

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I'm back..... Interesting and sad tale to share but another time for that. Picked up the camera and a couple pictures to share. A little rusty on correcting lighting, but like everything else, it will improve with time again.

Darth maul porites

Almost true color rendition of a blasto colony. I just couldn't correct it so forgive the over saturation although I did not increase saturation one bit.

one tube anemone

and another tube anemone

Tyree agent orange

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Just switched to the new lightroom 6 program by Adobe. Pretty cool, I adjusted 1) temp to 20k which is what my halides are, and 2.) exposure and voila. Pictures seem more realistic and true to tank plus those two adjustments are fast and easy. I just can't figure out how to size photos so that they post smaller--this is kind of a large photo

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Had this frag for a good while, 1-2 years, I think. Got frustrated with it and was going to cover it up with epoxy to reclaim the real estate so I cut most of the branches off and then decided to give it one more chance to thrive. Just might work out after all.

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
Just switched to the new lightroom 6 program by Adobe. Pretty cool, I adjusted 1) temp to 20k which is what my halides are, and 2.) exposure and voila. Pictures seem more realistic and true to tank plus those two adjustments are fast and easy. I just can't figure out how to size photos so that they post smaller--this is kind of a large photo

I lost my frag of this purple w orange polyp acro

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

watchguy123

Featured Reef
the color rendition is goofy on these. The first coral is more pink than purple but the lighting on these two was t5's and reefbrite so hard to correct the blue. The eyes are bright orange which also got washed out--but still cool.

Again could not correct enough of the blue, but neat favia

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I keep showing this coral over and over again, and I guess I am the only one impressed by it. I think the colors are extraordinary and I am not sure what shape it eventually will take. No one else is fazed though, its an acropora and those colors are crazy and multiple. Oh well, a picture of the mini colony from today. Green encrusting base, purplish/pink body, yellow highlights at the tips and whitish/blue growth tips! This is taken with metal halides and t5s

Looks pretty awesome to me! Wish it was big enough to frag, did you save any of the branches you cut off?

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Which coral is that Mark? Looks like PM
No, this guy has skinny little branches not thick like purple monster. The frag in the above post is Reef Raft Canada Shazam.

Plus my frag of purple monster is merely encrusting, it is not branching like the shazam.

In all its glory, my purple monster frag that you graciously gave me (two times) when my colony croaked.

Latest posts