SPS Addiction

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I don't know what species Z's Favorite is. It has a highly unusual growth pattern and almost impossible to frag without getting tiny little pieces. It looks great under metal halides or t5s or Blue Leds, it just looks good in my opinion.

Z's Favorite (metal halides).

Z's Favorite (blue leds close up view)

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for those inspirational pictures looking at your pictures keeps me in the hobby was thinking of taking it all down.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
thanks for those inspirational pictures looking at your pictures keeps me in the hobby was thinking of taking it all down.
All hobbies can become tedious at times. Reefing requires such constant maintenance that it can get to you.

Maybe because I spend so much time looking at my tank as well as taking pictures that sometimes I feel it is an awful lot of work. On the other hand, I find it incredibly peaceful to enjoy the tank inhabitants. It is such a fascinating world in our tanks.

I have a large JF Flame colony that I haven't been able to get a picture of because it is only about three inches underwater. I finally turned the return pump off and took some pictures top down through the water without a top down viewer.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Nice colony shot of the of flame are the tips suppose to be yellow?

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Nice colony shot of the of flame are the tips suppose to be yellow?
The tips are indeed supposed to be yellow and they are. I reduced saturation post processing because the picture didn't look real, everything was glowing. When the reefbrites are on, my tank looks a wee bit crazy so its easier to reduce saturation post processing and take out some color than have people comment that the colors can't be real. So it is a toned tone picture.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Shoot me your raw I'll fix it for you

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
All hobbies can become tedious at times. Reefing requires such constant maintenance that it can get to you.

Maybe because I spend so much time looking at my tank as well as taking pictures that sometimes I feel it is an awful lot of work. On the other hand, I find it incredibly peaceful to enjoy the tank inhabitants. It is such a fascinating world in our tanks.

I have a large JF Flame colony that I haven't been able to get a picture of because it is only about three inches underwater. I finally turned the return pump off and took some pictures top down through the water without a top down viewer.

i dont have a problem with doing the maintenance, my problem is cant get rid of the algae even with doing all the maintenance. i think i done everything under the sun except for starting over again

watchguy123

Featured Reef
i dont have a problem with doing the maintenance, my problem is cant get rid of the algae even with doing all the maintenance. i think i done everything under the sun except for starting over again

I understand the frustration and all the effort you must be putting forth.

I am amazed by both tanks that run so effortlessly as well as those that get caught up by some plague and struggle to get back on track. It is frustrating when for the most part, we are all doing similar things and getting vastly different outcomes.

Every tank is different and interestingly they are their own test tube. As life develops in each tank, it takes on a life of its own. The various life forms fight against and perhaps join others to develop their own ecology/ biology/habitat. And although likely never at equilibrium, the various life forms seemingly learn to adjust to their found conditions. And then it is hard and sometimes seemingly impossible to move off that point, whether its at a happy place or not. I think sometimes chance or if you want to call it luck, plays a significant role.

Wish I had the knowledge to offer you some sage advice.

Latest posts