SPS Addiction

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Not often do you get to see a grafted acro.

I got this coral some time ago, and it has an interesting history to it. Was in a LFS that has some hard core sps reefers in it. Said this came from RR usa originally, forgot name or had no name, not sure anymore. Anyway, it started out bright green with purplish tips and was interesting. Here are a couple of "colony" shots (its not much of a colony yet). Apparently, I couldn't get a centered shot of the colony so you get two pictures of the colony.

And now two different close ups of two different areas to get a pretty good sense of the grafting or coloring going on. It is pretty cool. I am going to start a separate thread on "grafted sps" because I think it deserves its own place.

Close up of top left branch:

Close up of bottom branches

Also exciting news: I had a baby lobo (it is a lobo isn't it?--I am not great on LPS id's) You can see the new head formed on the bottom center. Pretty cool.

And a close up of my "oh so cool" symphillia

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Still getting over my loss in the sps tie breaker photo contest, so I took a bunch of pictures today. The next 15 or so pictures were lit by my metal halides and T5's only.

This is a common acro but absolutely stunning. It changes colors from almost blood red to fluorescent red depending on the tank. I have always kept mine in super high light and therefore very little green shows through. But in at least of these next two pictures, you should be able to spot some green at the base.

None other than the Red Planet

Here is the red planet next to ATL strawberry fields. My tank has been unhappy for a while and things are just starting to turn around--I think/hope. You can see the tips of the ATL strawberry fields receded and are just coming back now. Hopefully, the pretty red tips will return also

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
this one. .....:a37: my favorite coral. other then the oregon tort and pink lemonade.
No, this is vivid's rainbow delight. Your sps picture of the month has obviously clouded your thinking.
i doubt my picture was better, im more popular. lol.... you see my picture skills lately mr casas says i dont even know how to crop.

Last edited:
No, this is vivid's rainbow delight. Your sps picture of the month has obviously clouded your thinking.

But your sps picture is outstanding

Here is my picture motivated by your picture of the month, and yours is still way cooler

LOL!!! Very Funny Mark, I wish my rainbow delight looked half as good as yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts