SPS Addiction

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Under metal halide, this looks just like RR USA Pink Floyd, but when you put this guy under XHO's the growth tips turn vivid blue looking much different than the Pink Floyd does under the same XHO's.

Z's Blue Floyd

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Under metal halide, this looks just like RR USA Pink Floyd, but when you put this guy under XHO's the growth tips turn vivid blue looking much different than the Pink Floyd does under the same XHO's.

Z's Blue Floyd

Wow mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z's Blue Floyd

This thing looks pretty sick!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

watchguy123

Featured Reef
This thing looks pretty sick!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks. Its top down which gives it the best color and the xho's makes it out of this world beautiful, plus its happy with some polyp extension

This is a progression over the last year of my Reef Raft Canada Ultimate Orange Passion

The first picture is from January 2016

Reef Raft Canada Ultimate Orange Passion

Here it is April 2016

Reef Raft Canada Ultimate Orange Passion

And March 2017, photo with XHO's

watchguy123

Featured Reef
First off, my McCosker's wrasse was missing in action the next day. Expensive treat, saw him for a couple of hours and then poof gone. Looked all over the carpet, but just couldn't find him. Whenever I break down the tank, I am sure I will spot him in his perpetual slumber. He was extraordinarily colorful. Plus I feel so responsible for his well being. And since this was my first flasher, no I did not have netting on top of the tank. I feel terrible about his demise. Not like I am sulking but more like I had a moral responsibility to this guy and I failed. It does weigh on me. It seems like I rarely have a fish die or go MIA but I feel bad each and every time.

I guess it is about time I share some metal halide pictures (from this afternoon, and no LEDS at all).

Vivid's Rainbow Delight I fragged a piece for a buddy a while back and it punished me with some loss of color. That is pretty routine for this coral, browning out both frags and mom on cutting. Anyway, it is starting to turn a corner and a hint of what awaits is there, I think.

Z's Blue Floyd Yup, it is still gorgeous under metal halides but you can't see the glowing blue tips without those lovely leds. In my mind's eye, the polyps are redder than in this picture, but if I tweaked the picture, it just started looking funky. So this is the best I could do (but it is not bad)

Purple Monster If you don't have it, you should. It is a classic for so many, many reasons. I had a big colony years ago, cut some frags for fellow reefers, lost it in a crash, but got a frag back of it. I guess this would make this piece the granddaughter of my original mother colony. Although this picture looks oversaturated (promise I never ever adjust saturation), check out the coralline algae, the purple on the algae is pretty spot on and so is this monster.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I got the following I think a year plus ago. Just sat there for a while but starting to spread its wings ever so slowly. Metal halides only.

Reef Raft Canada Cherry Bomb

My gyre does it what it was cleverly designed to do but it sometimes causes this wind swept growth appearance in some colonies. Good old fashioned: Pink Lemonade

I love the all MH pics Mark. Keep up the good work. You have quite the collection and it's making me envious. =D

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Woke up and decided to take some pictures this morning before the day really got started with boring stuff, there is a mix of lighting in these. I realize I am repeating and repeating pictures of the same corals, but these are many of my favorites. More to follow down the road.

Reef Raft Asia Diablo

Snuck in a couple chalice pictures

Reef Raft USA Medusa

Z's Prize

Reef Raft Asia Rays Rainbow

This one was so hidden between other colonies, I couldn't get enough light on it to focus very well plus its tiny

Z's Yellow Eyed Jawdropper

TGC Inferno

Reef Raft USA Orange Passion

Reef Raft USA Pink Floyd I reduced the clarity to get a different kind of picture, it is kind of cool, maybe

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Another little frag starting to show some promise, the bright pink stuff to the right is D-d epoxy that I have a pretty monti (not pictured) growing on. I have two montis in my tank but both are growing on epoxy to make sure I can remove them before they attach to rock work. Montipora just don't play nice with acropora

Purple Monster

watchguy123

Featured Reef
nice finds. Im sure anything would color up really nicely in your tank.
Thanks, wish it were true
Very nice as always! What conditions do I have Shazam acro in? I have mine in high light and flow but doesn't want to grow...
My Shazam is up as high as I can have it with lots of flow. I don't remember it being a slow grower. Every once in a while, we all get a frag that just won't take off for no good reason.

This is a different frag, not Shazam. This is two years of no growth yet with decent color and polyp extension the whole time. Those branches just popped out in the last couple of months finally

Here is a picture from a day or so ago, Reef Raft Canada Shazam

Latest posts