IEMAS President 10'-14' cymaster007's Avatar
    Name
    Cylix
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
    I don't think it is a nasuta, I have three of them and they look so different. On the other hand, I am easily confused (particularly with coral and coral anatomy)
    Are there any corals you are looking for currently? Maybe someone here might have a frag or 2 to give or trade w/ you
    Over 700 gallons of wonderful saltwater tanks.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by overbored View Post
    Wow!!!
    Thank you, it is all this hard work and persistence and then you get to this wonderful.sweet spot and everything is happy, growing, polyps extended.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cymaster007 View Post
    Are there any corals you are looking for currently? Maybe someone here might have a frag or 2 to give or trade w/ you
    Sounds funny but no real estate left , unless I remove something . Besides , they are all my favorites so how could I ever remove anything.

Thi$ i$ FUN!
    Name
    Rob
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful colors. Great work on your system. Keep the pics coming.
    I use my RO/DI waste to water my money tree.

IEMAS President 10'-14' cymaster007's Avatar
    Name
    Cylix
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
    Sounds funny but no real estate left , unless I remove something . Besides , they are all my favorites so how could I ever remove anything.
    Time to upgrade- 225g or into the 300's!!!
    Over 700 gallons of wonderful saltwater tanks.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cymaster007 View Post
    Time to upgrade- 225g or into the 300's!!!
    Well, my swimming pool is now saltwater, but I can not imagine a protein skimmer or CA reactor big enough. And I am clueless as to how to aquascape that thing.

Name
    steve
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very nice corals and story behind them. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Steve Rodriguez
    President - Los Angeles Reef Society
    www.LAreefsociety.org

150g SPS dominated reef tank

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, day of work is over and I am finally sitting in front of my computer and ready to share some coral photos.

So I know I said I SPS addiction but I have about 30 or 40 chalices. Not the outrageously expensive, crazy chalices, just the regular expensive chalices. I have not taken many pictures of them but here are a couple;

A no name from Tat's

I believe this is a vivid's pink boobie (someone correct me if I got it wrong) Started out like most chalice frags, like a 1/4 inch round and now it is about 4 or 5 inches round. It is happy.
    another image of the pink boobies with a couple of other chalices included

Don't you just love the mummy eye. It is bright and spectacular and just regular expensive, not crazy expensive.

This is jayda's watermelon and like all my chalices started out like 1/4 or 1/3 inch round frags and now a couple inches or so in diameter. A little love, patience and look what you get.

A little bazooka joe. I think anything that sounds like bubble gum is cool.

Isn't this mango something, gotta go find my cheat sheet.

I might have shared this one already but it is worth a second look

And although this is not a chalice, its just an LPS, it is awesome. A tyree pastel war coral but check out how pink it is. I have another colony from another reefer and it is no way as cool as this colony.

Another LPS that is not a chalice but oh so sweet. It was sold to me as the PPE chalice which is really a favia but this is not the real deal PPE favia/chalice. I am not blaming the reefer, with lots of coral and even the most honorable of intentions, sometimes we all get confused about what we have or think we have. I have the real PPE chalice but I am not sure I have a photo of that but I will take a look for it as well.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a few more chalice pics, so I will share those and then get back to SPS (wow, I have hijacked my own thread)

another view of the tyree original watermelon

another view of the mummy eye

another view of the mango something (is it mango sherbet), these pictures were all when I first started snapping shots and so I may have not quite captured the color correctly or maybe I did. But they are cool

another repeat but different angle:

Yellow rim chalice with awesome colors, the contrasts are amazing. I do not believe this is a named chalice but hey, so what, I like it and was not $500 an eye. I am not disparaging pricing, rare, exciting and limited supply frags develop their own market and kudos to anyone selling or buying them. There are lots of options, and we all spend our money however we feel fit about it. If you got the dough, its cool. (no price bashing here) Oh and you can buy an eye of my unnamed chalice for $400 an eye--just kidding.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So finishing up the LPS for now, my space invader pectinia is awesome. Its in the very back corner of my tank and hard to photograph so you may need to use your imagination to appreciate how cool this thing is. Enjoy

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a very wonderful Rommel's watermelon millie but I can't quite capture the yellow, red, orange and everything else in this colony. But it is definitely worthy of being shared:

In this next photo, is another colony started from a frag, I got from this forum by a local reefer. It looks a little bit like a red planet in other words cool red/burgurndy but its growth pattern is much different. It does not encrust much but prefers to extend out (does that mean tabling) and its growing tips can be very white. That is pretty unusual and very cool. Polyps are wonderfully extended but most of my frags have good polyp extension (yes, that is a modest attempt at boasting, maybe not so modest). But check out the chalices below. The far left chalice is jayda's watermelon which I have previously shared. But below the SPs colony is Reef Hot Spot Del Sol ( I might have missed a word in there, it might be more than just del sol). Anyway, it is very red, very brilliant and you almost never see it. I have not seen it since Reef Hot Spot disappeared .

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out this stag, it is at the top of my tank, centered and with amazing flow. It is sending branches out and getting more crowded and thicker, don't know how else to describe it. I also have never seen anything like it. I have its name on my acquisition map that remember is downstairs, in the bathroom cupboard, covered by reef stuff like empty egg crate shelves, empty magnesium containers, just the usual stuff. Yes, I will get it shortly. Not to be distracted this is an awesome stag and the color is pretty much right on.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay lousy picture of very cool coral, reef tek starburst. Big yellow polyps on bright orange base. Picture is crappy and the yellow polyps on this picture are not very extended. Yes, I owe everyone a better pic and I will eventually get it. So a little imagination is good. And the white stuff is sand sitting on the colony, oops.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So finally a picture of my red planet colony. And my Palmer's blue millie. I thought how cool to get this mix of colors right next to each other. Well, apparently the red planet does not play nicely. It stung the heck out the Palmer's blue millie when their encrusting bases touched. No problem, a little reef cement over the touching spot and now everyone is happy. Well at least, until they touch again. I kind of wonder if they sting a bunch of times, if they will eventually become tolerant of each other. It looks like I am destined to discover the truth of that or not.

You gotta admit, it is two very pretty colonies. And kudo's to the photographer and reefer, yes that is me.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information