Bayer Insecticide as a coral dip

wickedfish

Also it is super important you have a 3rd and 4th clean saltwater station. Why? Cause if even a drop of the Bayer makes it into your tank it will decimate the pod population and only God knows what else.

I noticed that when I went Bayer happy after cfm and 2012's rAP I would have 0 pods for a long while. Not the normal "oh where are the pods." They do disappear when they are making new babies. Just careful.

MedRed

Featured Reef
yeah, i took out a few cleaner shrimp that recovered after 3 days, but my porcelain crabs did not make it.

Dipped like 15 pieces thought I rinsed everything good enough before putting In the tank but guess I didnt rinse enough killed most if not all my pods rinse rinse and rimse again learn from my mistake lol

Why would one separate the frag from the plug? Is it not better to keep the plug and dip coral + plug, specially if coral has encrusted?

Why would one separate the frag from the plug? Is it not better to keep the plug and dip coral + plug, specially if coral has encrusted?
If it's encrusted then it's a judgement call. The main reason is eggs tend to be laid on non-living structure. So if the coral is all living tissue then the eggs will be laid on the plug. If the coral is dead towards the bottom then I chop the dead part off because that's likely where the eggs could have been laid.

tbert33

Sorry to hijack this thread...

Im not sure if you can get this product over in the US but Dettol is also a great coral dip (almost the exact same as Coral RX).

Dettol is an anteseptic and is a great coral dip when used with 1ml to 1 litre of salt water. Its also really cheap. I dip my corals by this method and its getting quite common on some of the UK forums.

Just thought i would share as another alternative for you guys.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

If it's encrusted then it's a judgement call. The main reason is eggs tend to be laid on non-living structure. So if the coral is all living tissue then the eggs will be laid on the plug. If the coral is dead towards the bottom then I chop the dead part off because that's likely where the eggs could have been laid.
Thanks! After the dip is it better to "replug" with a plug that has been in my tank or a dry non used one?

Latest posts