It's a bad day to be a lobster

2hr boat drive to the island, 3 night dives, a morning of excellent surf on the front side of Santa Cruz island and 15 lobster made our first session of lobster season a success.

My Tank Build
Do u remember the times u caught them. We had better luck when the tides were coming in. As soon as flat tide hit all the hoops came up empty.

It depends on who you are if its scary. Most people do start freaking out as we are boating out there. For me all I have to worry about is the 2'x2' spot of light my flash light gives off. So whatever I can see if what I'm interested in. Accidentally swimming into Caves on the other hand sometimes scares me. I just gotta remind myself that it's easy to identify when you enter a cave cuz all of the sudden everything is barren.

It was a weird weather day. Started out windy on the ride out there. Took a couple waves over the helm. Once to our "spot" it was a good east warm wind. Died down around 10pm. Very calm swell and surge and excellent visibility. We drop 4 lobster between the two of us too.

My Tank Build
It depends on who you are if its scary. Most people do start freaking out as we are boating out there. For me all I have to worry about is the 2'x2' spot of light my flash light gives off. So whatever I can see if what I'm interested in. Accidentally swimming into Caves on the other hand sometimes scares me. I just gotta remind myself that it's easy to identify when you enter a cave cuz all of the sudden everything is barren.

It was a weird weather day. Started out windy on the ride out there. Took a couple waves over the helm. Once to our "spot" it was a good east warm wind. Died down around 10pm. Very calm swell and surge and excellent visibility. We drop 4 lobster between the two of us too.
Same here. The wind was rockin use pretty bad till 8:40ish then it calmed down and shortly after the tide changed and the fishing stopped. But at least we came home with 8 bugs.