Worm Attack!!!

I'm cycling the tank and put in a shrimp to start the cycle. Had live rock & live sand. All of a sudden there are about a dozen worm like creatures pop out. Please help ID them and tell me if its a good thing or a bad thing.

[/IMG]

Thanks for the ID. Wife freaked out when she saw them. Said ... "If I knew they are in the rocks, would never have helped you set them up!"

When working around a tank with bristlewoms, make sure you keep your mouth closed. If not, they'll jump into your mouth and lay eggs in your belly. Then when the larvae hatch, they'll burst through your stomach.

This is a picture of a bristleworm larva coming out of a person's belly:

:hello:

Looks like a fire worm and if they get about 5-6 inches you will want to pull them out o f there. I had like 5 of them in my tank and they started eating my mushrooms. Also some how my blue tang got a little to close one day and was wearing a beard of all those little spines sticking out of them. Most say to leave them in your tank cause they dig through your sand. IMOP - I think they are just trouble.

When working around a tank with bristlewoms, make sure you keep your mouth closed. If not, they'll jump into your mouth and lay eggs in your belly. Then when the larvae hatch, they'll burst through your stomach.

This is a picture of a bristleworm larva coming out of a person's belly:

:hello:

hahahahahahaaha.. pretty cool.. Just be careful and not grab one.. the bristles hurt like hell and are hard to get out of skin.

Latest posts