Algae Bloom....Crap...

I got home today and the tank is getting covered with brown algae.
What can I do to fix it? Or do I just have to suck it up and wait for it to clear.

I'm probably feeding too much. **** book say to feed the royal gamma 3 times a day. And the fish corpse probably doesn't help. Also read in another thread to reduce the hours on the light?

Please help!!!

I got home today and the tank is getting covered with brown algae.
What can I do to fix it? Or do I just have to suck it up and wait for it to clear.

I'm probably feeding too much. **** book say to feed the royal gamma 3 times a day. And the fish corpse probably doesn't help. Also read in another thread to reduce the hours on the light?

Please help!!!
isnt ur tank a new setup? Its part of the tank finding itself, it will go away

Kind of a happy turn of event. After chatting with some people here, started to do a minor water change. So I connected the overflow drain tube to a 22g rubbermaid container. Guess what pop out. Two of my missing/presumed dead fishes. A four-striped damsel & a lawnmower :D

reef_doug

Kind of a happy turn of event. After chatting with some people here, started to do a minor water change. So I connected the overflow drain tube to a 22g rubbermaid container. Guess what pop out. Two of my missing/presumed dead fishes. A four-striped damsel & a lawnmower :D
If the damsel is still alive, don't put him back, you'll never catch him. Stick him in the refugium. :)

Okay so I panicked. :embarassed:
This is normal and the algae will eat up all the extra Nitrate & Phosphate and just die.

But this mean while, what do you guys recommend that I add to my clean up crew? Only have 10 cerith snails & 4 hermit crab.

What should I add? Exclude snails cause the misses doesn't like them.
Looking at slugs, cucumbers, urchins & starfish.

Although the misses may not like them, I would get some Nassarius snails. They will remain under the sand 90% of the time. They will help clean out the sand bed big time.

Although the misses may not like them, I would get some Nassarius snails. They will remain under the sand 90% of the time. They will help clean out the sand bed big time.
Nassarius might be fine if it stays on the sand & rocks. Misses just didn't like the fact the snails we got spent most of their time on the glass near the surface.

Latest posts