debating between either Reeflux 10k or 12k

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Ive been using 14k phoenix for the past year. The color is great but growth wasn't. Im looking to get either a reeflux 10k or 12k bulb. I have VHO supplements also. Anybody have any experience with these bulbs?

I have a sunpod that had the stock current 14k in it and i wassn't happy with growth or polp extension she i had read a few articles on reef central were people praised the reeflux 12k , had mine in for two weeks and everything looks much better even a little growth lately:)

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
yea thats what Ive heard too. Does the 12k need actinics? Im wondering if the 10k growth would be significantly better. I really want to make my blues pop.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Hey Steve picked up a pair of reeflux 10k..and man they are bright...
but also yellow:eek:

I will be throwing on 4x48inch super vho actinics..hopefully they come in soon:D

R

reefer714

Yellow? that is impossible. What ballast are you using? Mine is crisp white with a tint of blue. Very very nice. You are more than welcome to come by and check it out.

Here is pic of my 4x250w reeflux 10k without atinic supplement

With VHO

Last edited:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
They are double ended bulbs with PFO HQI Ballast. Ive only had 20ks and 14ks on all the tanks Ive had so I think im just too use to the bluer look. I really like the color of your tank witht he VHO's on so I should be set once my bulbs arrive

Attachments

Latest posts