Air bubbles in return...

have your overflow go thru a sock, or install more baffles in your sump to calm the water down before going in the return pump.

Its a external pump. I tried also turning off the in-sump protein skimmer. With MH lights off, its very clear. But when I have it on, the whole tank looks bad. I'll take real pics of it tonight.

Best way to not have air bubbles in the return is to have a straight shot from the sump or drain to the pump (no 45's elbows, etc). Also make sure your plumbing does not have a pin hole air leak (i had this issue before but fixed it by put aquarium sealant all the joints on the outside as well).

From sump to pump its basically a straight shot. Only has a gate/union valve in between. Have alot of flex tubing so don't know about using sealant.

thats bulk head where it says to pump is that a slip fit or threaded add a 90 degree elbox and face it down. give it about a one inch gap from the bottom that way it will suck water from the bottom of the sump and wont put any bubbles from the sump to the DP

Latest posts