Pet World. San Berdo.

googoomas

I have had both good and bad experiences at Pet World. They usually have a decent amount of coral at pretty fair prices and if you can get a fish that has either been there a while with good health, or one that just came in, you can quarantine them and have success. Several of my fish have come from pet world with good results, that being said, I have lost some from them as well.

Jmkb02

Hi Jess, welcome. Daryl's is ok but no where rear the best. He never has anything in stock. Also the salt selection is 3 racks. I've had way to many bad experiences with the old owner when they were at the old location.

There r 2 good locations out here one is tropical reef fish store in rancho off foothill. The other is Mystic reef in riverside off limonite
I stick to riverside mostly, try to stay away from anything Redlands period. Darryl's seems to be trying the hardest, I think with him just buying the shop he's getting things in order still. Mystic reef is decent, just gonna pay an arm and a leg for everything and forget wanting anything they don't already have. Jeremy will try to sell you anything instead of what you want. I prefer fish fantasy for special orders on fish and food. Good prices and they actually care, and you can tell. Also treasures of the sea has been stepping up. Dudes been trying to expand more and is stepping up his store too. Much better options than pet world for sure.

Daryl's blows. They got two rows of brown algae and aptasia filled tanks. There's something illegal in one tank, for sale...

Pet world looks cool but the guys inside seem not the least bit interested in helping anyone out. The six chromis I did buy there did die but I can't say for sure it was them. My tank was still pretty new.

Petco in Redlands looked ok when I started to go in there but I've seen their tanks deteriorate over time. Things look bad in there now. They get stock regularly. So maybe get the stuff that just came in and you'd be ok. I did get a killer deal on some salt they were blowing out. Like $20 a bucket but it's discountinued and they're all out.

I went to Jan's and they have a nice display tank and the lady there was pretty knowledgable and helpful. Their anemone tank looked like a death tank, though.

Petco in Montclair had some issues too. They did have a couple cool looking clowns though.

nex

Yeah I'd recommend against buying fish locally, unless you have a nice QT setup lol..
Not much options for us in the IE..

However, I do like how the lady at fish fantasy handles her fish.. not an extensive selection but most are healthy.