has anyone else cheked these stores out before

Ya the hours are 2-6 I believe, and they sometimes close like 30mins early on slow days. It's a cool store to go to when they are stocked up, Jeremy will even make deals on fish, although I have never tried on the dry goods.

Ya I've seen that new display tank set up at global, the red sea right? It's off to great start, although I think I saw a few aptasia. It kills me to see their frag tanks though and im glad someone is trying to help. It amazes me how brown and unhealthy their sps look with the amount of halides and flow they have. Im down the street by archibald and riverside so it would be great to have a nice lfs right down the street. The owner has to work a little harder on customer service and prices though

down the street from mystic reefs is a little store named "fish fantasy" they have a big selection of fish and a few nice coral displays only thing they dont have are frags, prices are pretty good and they are willing and able to get you any dry goods if they dont have it, the owner Matt has been spending countless hours helping me out with getting dry goods and livestock maybe check them out sometime, they are on the corner of van buren and arlington

Ive been to all the stores in riverside and Mystic reef is the only store I go to now. Everything is always healthy I did go to fish fantasy once but just thought it was to dirty and the two ladies were just talking smack about all the other stores in riverside. Did have much off in stock either.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
wow how did I miss this thread??
I have been to all the stores you guys are talking about many times.i grew up in rancho Cucamonga so I have been going to global for years now. there not a hobbyist store they cater more to the average salt water tank owner. it was going to be a wholesaler a long time ago (that is why its next to the airport) but now it is a public store.i don't like the over all look of the fish there I have been hit and miss with them. they do have a big selection of stuff. I got my first big tank there, the prices are very high. above retail in some cases the guy who owns it (I think his name is mike) is really nice but a very old school saltwater guy. I think there are better stores in the area, Jasons store in rancho Cucamonga is a great place. when going to any store to buy livestock it is important to really look at what your buying ask questions and you can even have the person feed the fish In front of you.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I went into global on Wednesday or Thursday and their sps were all dead. There might have been one that was half STN but it was horrible. A rock of green palys $70.... Geez. I went in because I was bored. No one ever approached me. Big store with a lot of potential. The fish don't seem too bad but I never end up walking out with anything. oh well maybe next time

Jmkb02

Fish fantasy is by far better naw than it was 6 months ago. I go there because of the prices, fair and if you pay cash, they will give a little discount. Mystic will frag the morning they sell the corals and give them no time to heal or get back to anywhere where they should be before hustling them off to the first person with money in hand. I can't even count how much coral I've lost from them, and a week later have montis and acros make it fine from another store or friend. Don't forget treasures of the sea off van buren and Lincoln. Dude knows his stuff and won't up sell or hassle you.

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
i took a lil trip to Ontario today and while i was there i checked out two stores one of them was Jan's tropical fish witch is actually located in Montclair and the other one is called Global Aquatics... pretty nice stores have a lot of cool things to look at and not so bad on the prices either.. i really like global aquatics cause its like a big warehouse type store
Jans is related to tongs. How I'm not sure other then "jan" is cousins with suni who use to own tongs whittier. It use to be real dirty and a fishy smell (no pun intended). Was like a slaughter house smell.

Fish fantasy is by far better naw than it was 6 months ago. I go there because of the prices, fair and if you pay cash, they will give a little discount. Mystic will frag the morning they sell the corals and give them no time to heal or get back to anywhere where they should be before hustling them off to the first person with money in hand. I can't even count how much coral I've lost from them, and a week later have montis and acros make it fine from another store or friend. Don't forget treasures of the sea off van buren and Lincoln. Dude knows his stuff and won't up sell or hassle you.
fish fantasy sucks...dont waste your time.

Latest posts