Total Fish Alhambra Sold Me Aiptasia!

Gloomisboy

Funny thread!!!! No offence to the op... Every time i go there my running joke with them is how much for the manjo? Or how much for the bubble algae? Those guys at total fish are ok...

el mayo

Just wanted to share my experience to let others know how shady this place is, and give the more experienced Reefers a good laugh. Total noob move buying that thing. Sucks all the good reef stores are far from Alhambra. I was gonna be going to this place for all my water since it is only 7 minutes away but not anymore. At least Bobs Tropical fish is only 10 minutes away also.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
kim aka ken aka gayboy is a good guy..the only thing i can fault him for is having an lfs on garvey which is where i met another gay boy...sahn..nuff said. fml and dam you ken. btw, jason at bob's is ok also..just wish he went back to the shark tank or large angel tank like he had in the early 2000's.

I've been to this place a few times and went in last week. I like his older location because his prices was lower. Its a tad higher now. Prices for fish and corals are about average. Not high or low. His display tanks are better than most LFS. I rarely listen to what any LFS employee says about the coral or fish. The only time I talk to them is ask them the price and then the cash discount price. I normally research before I buy. If I see something I like which I'm not familiar with I just google it quickly on my phone. If you bought a $5 mushroom rock that had aptasia/mojano on it then that is common to have the pest hitchhikers. If the employee just sold you the aptasia/mojano for $5 then that's totally wrong.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
oh no...mariano, if sanh tells you that he wants to play a game called "hide the tip"....ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

el mayo

Ouch that sucks. I would go back in and ask to speak with a manager. Give them a chance to make it right,
Nah, i know they wont do nothing about it and just say they just sold me what i asked for. If the people there are shady enough to sell you junk, full well knowing that they are selling you crap, that place isnt worth me going back so i can argue with them over $5 they won't give back to me. that place is a small shop so the guy that sold me that Aiptasia probably was the owner/manager. Not worth my time or breath to go after them for $5 and have to get all pissed off arguing with them. I'd rather help them lose more money by me not going back there and spending any of my money there as well as letting everyone i know in the aquarium hobby about their practices.