temperature problems

i'm having a bit of trouble controlling my temp now that ive got my lighting and powerheads up to par. any suggestions on ways other than a chiller to keep the water from boiling.
currently have 4 65watt compact florescent 10k bulbs and 2 t5 actinic bulbs.
they are 8 inches above the tank open air not in a hood.
any suggestions would be awsome, i came home today and the water was 86 degrees, a little above the 78 it started at.

If the top is open with no hood set up a floor fan to turn on at like 2pm and off at like 6pm, also make sure to turn off the heater completelyI just turned mine down to 70 and it would keep my tank at like 80 at night , now i just run a fan for now its not even hot yet!! cant wait , but my tank peeks at like 79 now so maybe i'll be all right

i'm having a bit of trouble controlling my temp now that ive got my lighting and powerheads up to par. any suggestions on ways other than a chiller to keep the water from boiling.
currently have 4 65watt compact florescent 10k bulbs and 2 t5 actinic bulbs.
they are 8 inches above the tank open air not in a hood.
any suggestions would be awsome, i came home today and the water was 86 degrees, a little above the 78 it started at.
.. I have the same setup as you but I never have a temp prob even with my lid closed.

is the tank directly near a window?

maybe try turning off lights earlier..
keep lid open

put heater down a little lower than what oyu have right now..

i put a fan blowing on the lights and that fixed the problem i'm now sitting happy at 78 again. thanks for the input guys. a newbie needs all he can get.

Attachments

Latest posts