Am I screwed or will this work?

So tonight I was cleaning my skimmer and went to put it back in the sump, I broke off the little nipple that connects my air intake line to the top part (see pic). II tried to glue it back but superglue wouldn't stay so I just jammed a piece of rodi tubing in the existing tube and ran the line up behind my tank. Any ill effects I should be worried about with bypassing that little part or will I be ok? I was pretty pissed when it happened.

So far it seems to be ok just worried about something clogging the line.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you should be ok, that is just the air silencer. Just make sure it doesnt fall below your skimmer water line because if the power goes out it will siphon out the water.

pgr11

Supporter
I think you should be ok, that is just the air silencer. Just make sure it doesnt fall below your skimmer water line because if the power goes out it will siphon out the water.
This^^^^^ also call cadlight they might be able to get you another silencer

Yea its won't be too low...I ziptied it to my return line at the top of my tank. I was actually trying to remove the whole ring that goes around the top of the skimmer and put a small hairline crack in It so I didn't know if that piece comes off or not

If you want to DIY buy a tube of the stuff they use to bond acrylic. I just got some and its awesome! Ive been fixing all sorts of plastic stuff, like a nipple on a koralia nano that broke off

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont think that ring comes off on those skimmers, like Chris said, give cadlights a call maybe they can set you up with a replacement silencer.

echoreef

I actually take the piece off at the end of the air hose for better bubble production so it should be fine without it.

So I called cadlights today and they are sending me out a new silencer. I guess they have made a newer version since I bought mine and the new one had a bracket so you can remove and clean it. They said I can just ziptie the new one on to the skimmer body and it should work fine.
They are also sending out new screws that attach the body together since two of mine have been broken for a whilen