Eco tech radion gen 2 or Ai Vegas

Hey guys so I'm upgrading my 60 gallon to a 150 48x30 x24. I had t5 before and loved them but really want to do led. Anyways I was up all night last night looking up videos on the two light up there and can't decide which one is better. So I want to hear your guys experience. I'm going to have air 80% lps & 20% sps. I want to set it up so it has its cycle of morning to night time and I prefer a more blue look to the tank. Thanks again guys:)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

CamelMD

Premium Member
Supporter
I've got 6 gen 1 radions. Customor service is great from ecotech but I've had to replace all 6 of them. Apparent fan issues that they've squared away but it still makes me uneasy. I would go Vegas. You could always buy a used gen 1 radion and do the upgrade path. they send you a new one and u send yours back. its $150 to upgrade to gen 2, $300 to go pro. The pro is a very nice light. just my opnion though

-nik

bmc310

I have a Vega and I love it easy to use and with controller you could set the briteness for each color and you could set the night and day mode. Go with Vegas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive never owned a Radion but I have had AI's in the past and loved them. I recently bought 3 AI's for my 150g tank now. Cant go wrong with the AI's IMO.

For the price of the two you mentioned you could save yourself a nice load of $$ by going with the reefbreeders led. I have never seen them but the reviews I have read are pretty outstanding.
Just a thought...

BTW- I have the AI Blue Sols and really like them but **** the retail price on them was hard to swallow.

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
i have tried mh,t5, 120watt china led, ai and a radion..i would get the ai sol. but if you wanted to save some money the reef breeders look pretty good and there is a gb going for them

I agree with thresher. I recently just got in my reefbreeders photon32 and it has been nothing but amazing. Prior to this I had the Razor and it was a great light, but nowhere close to the color I'm receiving from the photon light. I have seen the radion in action. It's good, but IMO not worth the money when you can spend half and get the same result.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been eyeing the onyx from rapid led. Need a cheap led light with decent color to extend my viewing times, basically supplement my MH setup which does the real growing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Any one have link to the reefbreeder one? I have heard they are awesome. What's the biggest didn't between those and the sol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts