Biopellet advice?!

Hello,
I am currently only running activated carbon in a reactor. I am adding another reactor for biopellets or maybe just good ole' GFO.
Who uses biopellets? And which brand has given you the best results? Or should i stick to GFO and if so, which one?
Thanks in advance!!
BTW, i love this forum. SCR rocks!!

I use npx bio pellets... if u have sps start really slow the pelkets take some time to get going. P04 -.01 (hanna) nitrate 0 (salifer) this was with 7 fish and about 60g water volume... feeding 2-3 times a day and tank feeding twice a week... also I run all 3...carbon..pellets...gfo

Hello,
I am currently only running activated carbon in a reactor. I am adding another reactor for biopellets or maybe just good ole' GFO.
Who uses biopellets? And which brand has given you the best results? Or should i stick to GFO and if so, which one?
Thanks in advance!!
BTW, i love this forum. SCR rocks!!
If you do decide to run biopellets, you should take a look at the Warner Marine Ecobak ones. They are supposedly the best.

If you do decide to run biopellets, you should take a look at the Warner Marine Ecobak ones. They are supposedly the best.
Those were one of my options if I go with BP instead of GFO. Thanks!

I'm running Dr Tims bio pellets. There supposed to be the best. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
How long have you been running the Dr Tims stuff? And how is it working for you?
Btw, hows the HOG UAS doing for ya? Any updates?

I use npx bio pellets... if u have sps start really slow the pelkets take some time to get going. P04 -.01 (hanna) nitrate 0 (salifer) this was with 7 fish and about 60g water volume... feeding 2-3 times a day and tank feeding twice a week... also I run all 3...carbon..pellets...gfo
I dont want to run all 3. I just figured BP is better since it does Phos and nitrate and GFO only does phos but wanted some opinions on BP brands and results. Thanks!

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I'm running Dr Tims bio pellets. There supposed to be the best. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
That's why I run both in my reactor lol..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Those were one of my options if I go with BP instead of GFO. Thanks!

How long have you been running the Dr Tims stuff? And how is it working for you?
Btw, hows the HOG UAS doing for ya? Any updates?
The pellets have been in my tank for a week only. Haven't noticed anything yet

I'm getting some good growth out of the algae scrubber. Not sure if its making a difference on a tank my size. I guess we will see how it works long term

Sent from my iPhone

mytshall

I run WM Ecobak on my reef and fish only setup. On my fish only I have a generic reactor that runs water as fast as my pump pumps it. This got my nitrates down to 0 from off the charts. In the reef though I bought a special recirculating bio pellet reactor so I can control the bacteria entering back to the tank. Like people say go slow you need to be careful b/c in a reef you don't want 0 nitrate and 0 phosphate just very low. With out the recirculating pump you can easily drop all the way down.

You want advice, heres the best advice your gonna get... and i cant stress this enough please please please understand how pellets work and how to use them. They get a bad enough rap as it is because people dont understand them.

I run WM Ecobak on my reef and fish only setup. On my fish only I have a generic reactor that runs water as fast as my pump pumps it. This got my nitrates down to 0 from off the charts. In the reef though I bought a special recirculating bio pellet reactor so I can control the bacteria entering back to the tank. Like people say go slow you need to be careful b/c in a reef you don't want 0 nitrate and 0 phosphate just very low. With out the recirculating pump you can easily drop all the way down.
WM Ecobak it is. Where is the best place to order this stuff?

Latest posts