One day display need your opinions!

Yeah thats the one i got the idea from. I already have the tank i got it from someone here. Cy thats funny and a really cool cake.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you already have stunner strips or looking to buy regardless? Since its just for 1 day I don't think you need anything crazy.

You could build a base to hold the tank like its levitating over the cake. Then you can put the centerpeice thingy on top of the tank. I dunno, looks good in my head.
I'm not sure if I'm picturing the same thing that you are but this made me think of a cake with multi levels with the tank in the middle. That would be really cool IMO! A elevated stand to hold the tank up and bring it up more to eye level... the large base of the cake under the elevated tank, and the smaller tier of the cake on top of the tank on a solid lid made of glass or acrylic. Am I on the same page you are?

Btw, this is the most redundant thread I've seen in a long time! Lol

Tell me about it... No pretty much whats in the article people are posting. Nothin fancy, just an eye catcher. I will probably use stunner strips or panorama someones selling em right now. I was just concern ed that it would not be enough light to make the polyps open up.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Panoramas that close to the coral might burn em. So might want to think about the other side of the spectrum as well. I've seen polyps open up to ambient lighting. Just wouldn't bank on any long term survival but its only one day

Ok. I dont think flow will be an issue. Gonna start designing the top and determining how i want the stand laid out. Prob gonna go w stunner strips then, dont wanna burn anything...ive heard the panoramas are notorious for burning out in a year so theres that...