Reefbreeder Value LED fixture--what settings are people using on the whites and blues

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I am trying an experimental frag tank, I have my whites at 30 % and my blues at 100%. I am getting some pastel coloring and not sure if my water is too clean or if my blues are set to high My value fixture is about 18 inches above water. This led experience is new to me so I could use some input

Aere

I usually run the whites at 60% blues at 100%. Although sometimes I change it up. I gradually increased it when they were new though, they are powerful

562Reefer

Im contemplating between maxspect 27" 16k or the photon 24 over my 40 breeder. I would like to see some pics from the guys who did a GB with Reefbreeders. :)

Wow, Starting out fast.....

I started slow...I have AI SOLS about 14 awl. I started slow increasing about 5% a week. Now i'm at 62 w, 92 b, 92 rb.
And my corals are loving it.... I'm going to continue increasing till I get to 100. My max is on for 4 hours slowing ramping up and down.

You have to experiment
with it....

What kind of light are you running in your main tank? And what color spectrum? And im not familiar with that brand your using personally. Thing is with LEDS is that they dont look as bright as other lights when the PAR values are compared. I would check your PAR readings on your main where your colonies reside and match it to the frag tank. As far as blues to whites, The basic rule of thumb is 1blue to one white in 14k, 1 white to 2 blues is 20k, 2 white to 3 blues is a 16k look. I find that the 16-20k look is best on corals and 12-14K is best on fish. PS, Our club has a par meter :)

Im contemplating between maxspect 27" 16k or the photon 24 over my 40 breeder. I would like to see some pics from the guys who did a GB with Reefbreeders. :)
Ed, I use to have the maxspect 16k and now have the photon32. You will definitely do better with the photon. I have no regrets getting rid of the maxspect even though it was a pretty good light.

Latest posts