cal reactor question

so i did some reading about a reactor. i understand if you want to lower ph lower the flow rate thats going into the chamber, if you u want a higher alk leave increase the co2, but i dont understand how the cal is set? didnt really find anything on it.

so with that said i want to stop dosing alk, and cal and start using a reactor, but dont have any idea where to start. so if some of the pros can give me some info it would be a great deal to me. thanks ppl

Once I set my reactor, my calcium was always stable. It's the alk that would fluctuate a little bit in the beginning

A Calcium reactor is a little bit more finicky until u get it all dialed in. Then it's pretty much set it and leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
I upgraded to an AquaMaxx Star Calcium Reactor
Works really well and it was affordable

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
I have not had to adjust it for 2 months now.

You must get a good regulator to work with the calcium reactor. I have the aquarium plants co2 regulator and it was worth every penny.

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
this is what you got?
Co2-LCD Electronic Co2 Regulator (with 8 digit LCD Counter)
$299.99
Yes-
You can use this on any calcium reactor. The regulator has really been the heart of keeping my system parameters consistent and making the reactor set-and-forget.

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
looks like ill be placing the order today :) how often do you have to change or add new media to the reactor, and how often do you have to clean it?
I add media about 1x every 6 months, clean it out 1x a year. The amount of media you have to add will depend on your tank requirements (you will use up media much quicker if you have SPS dominate tank)

Yes-
You can use this on any calcium reactor. The regulator has really been the heart of keeping my system parameters consistent and making the reactor set-and-forget.
looking at the regulator on their web site i see this carbon dosing controller on it. Do i need that too? or is the regulator the only thing i need to make this thing work?