What is better?

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
there are pros and cons with both, i like my doser, i have profilux, it auto calculates to save you the trouble and has a prime button so you can instantly prime the lines.

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
It really is a preference thing. I use a reactor.
I feel it adds more trace elements as it breaks down the Aragonite.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I use a doser and am happy.

Tell us a little about your system. Mostly SPS? how many gallons? etc.

I also think if I had more room, I'd probably run a reactor. Space is a premium in my stand and I don't think I'd have enough room for a reactor.

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
Cy what are the continual costs for a reactor? CO2 refils, aragonite monthly?
Monthly- approximate
CO2: $3
Aragonite: $4
Neomag: $1.62

this is based on my average every 6-8 months-
Co2 Refill 5lb tank: $25
Coarse Aragonite media 8lb refill: $32
Add NeoMag 2.2lb: $13

pgr11

Supporter
I like my dosing pumps. I've not used a reactor but I'm not super heavy into sps either but I do have a nice mix. My pumps were easy to hook up and program with the apex. If at some point I went sps heavy I would switch over but I really enjoy having a mixed reef.

wickedfish

So far I've spent 35$ on the media, 90$ on co2 since September. Co2 should last till late June maybe July. Media should last till December.

I would spend that in half the time with dosing brs stuffs. And my levels were never as rock solid as they are now. I test once a month or less.

Maybe it's me but I like the color of my coral more now. But maybe I just know the tank mo betta

Justin

So far I've spent 35$ on the media, 90$ on co2 since September. Co2 should last till late June maybe July. Media should last till December.

I would spend that in half the time with dosing brs stuffs. And my levels were never as rock solid as they are now. I test once a month or less.

Maybe it's me but I like the color of my coral more now. But maybe I just know the tank mo betta
And that's why you buy bulk dowflake and baking soda instead of ridiculous prices at BRS

I've had my calcium reactor setup for almost a year and have yet to fill the Co2 or the aragonite. My reactor is running kinda low, so anytime now I'm gunna refill it. But I still have half a bottle of aragonite and half a bottle of neo mag. My tank doesn't consume that much since all my stuff is frags. I love my reactor. Once u understand a calcium reactor, it's just too easy!

Sent from my iPhone

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
No sps yet. Prepping for that. Looking for led lights this weekend, got gfo/ carbon a few weeks back and now looking to add the calcium ********,....... Just need to decide. Also need to pick up another test or 2 and make sure I don't have to dose magnesium and we will be set I think.

Latest posts