My skimmer is "gulping"

My Tank Build
Eric, I think you may be onto something! My skimmer does sit at a slight angle cuz of the height and the way the stand's bracing is underneath the cabinet. It has always been like this but even with the tilt, it's possible to sit a little different and I'm not positive, but thinking back it seems like the gulping might've started around the last time I cleaned the skimmer cup and I might've adjusted the way it was sitting slightly when I did this. I have been out back watching the twins play and enjoying a GORGEOUS Southern day but I haven't heard it since being back in so I may have fixed it when I put it back in the sump earlier this morning. :)
Omfg all this after u had got the problem resolved, and u wonder y we all pick on u. Lets just chalk this up to being blonde. ;)

Omfg all this after u had got the problem resolved, and u wonder y we all pick on u. Lets just chalk this up to being blonde. ;)
Whaaaaaaat!? No all of this BEFORE I had gotten the problem resolved and not even sure yet IF it's resolved but if it is, it's thanks to you guys suggestions! :p

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotta do us (or at least me haha) a solid and find a good place that sells and ships Boudin Sausage since you're in LA! Any more posts coming soon of the 250?

Turtlespd

Clean the Venturi , u cannot see it without taking it all apart. It's calcium and or salt creep build up that is there just enough to work but not to perform at peak. I also recommend leveling the skimmer.

No it was just unlevel so it was catching bubbles under the bubble plate. It's doing great now. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
Gotta do us (or at least me haha) a solid and find a good place that sells and ships Boudin Sausage since you're in LA! Any more posts coming soon of the 250?
So I asked the guys on the local forum here and here are the best suggestions....
The best boudin in the whole world is Nu-Nu's in Lafayette, the owner Blaine Broussard is a friend of mine, he's won world champion numerous times. I literally buy 2-300 dollars worth at a time, I am a season ticket holder for the saints, and he loves the game so there's some horse trading going on as well.

His has more meat than rice and is made with Boston butts, that have been trimmed, tons of fresh ingredients bell peppers onions and etc. he ships cheap "http://www.nunus.com/home" I will say and he agrees his seafood boudin lacks desire, they have 20 different sausages from ribeye to chicken and pineapple

Added*** http://www.boudincookoff.com/Cookoff2.html

Its not sausage boudin its just boudin. You need to get it from port barre/ lafayette/ scot area for real boudin. Anything east of there is just a poor imitation. Bourques in port barre is excellent. Many places between Lafayette and scot are excellent. I think best stop in scot is the name of the place that has really good boudin. Ask a couple real cajuns from that area.
Try here

http://www.bergeronsboudin.com/

they have a store in shreveport and also in port allen

Or Don's in Scott, LA has some too

Latest posts