SPS tank parameter

R

reefer714

Since I just tested my water, I thought I'd share my parameters with all on my 180 reef.

dkh 10.6
I target for abt 10, so I'll crank up the effluent flow slightly on my ca reactor

Ca 450
Good I keep it in the range of 420 to 460 and dose WMR CCS if it ever falls (hasnt since the ca reactor)

Ph 8.5 (per controller)
fluctuates between 8.3 and 8.6, gave up trying to get it to 8.2

Temp avg 80
Fluctuates from 79 to 81 not even using a heater right now. Darn Via aqua keeps failing, third one now. Wont need another one till fall though.

No test for magnesium at this time

NO3 reading a solid 5
I like 2 or less, got a bit a hair algae plus plenty of chaeto in the sump so there is prob a bit more being produced than just 5. I'm picking up that new 4" dia po4 reactor to use with de-nitrate today to reduce it. Once I switch to my new sump with the g5 (mod for the mesh wheel) this should clear up immed. Currently using an unmodded G3 which seems to perform well, but apparantly can't keep up with my feedings (lots of rotifers, oyster eggs, phyto and what not, not to mentions foods for the fish)

Phosphates Ammonia and Nitrites all Nil

Working w/ 3x400 reefstar MH 14k, PMcr422 ca reactor+addon effluent chamber, Milwaukee Ph controller, Phosban reactor, Coralife36w turbo twist UV, Vecton 25w UV, JBJ 1/2hp Chiller, Mag24 return +feed for all equip except UVs (on a dedicated Mag5), 4xmj1200 on wavemaker,4 koralia4's (not in yet)

Getting ready to buy a Tunze wavebox and My 4x250 Lumenmax III w/ Phoenix 14k on dual galaxy e-ballast should be in on Tuesday, and I will be getting rid of the mag 24 (heater) for some suitable external pump soon.

Reefer714, I am interested to know what parameter for Ph, dKH and Ca you keep urs at.
Here ya go

Ca 420
Mg 1350
Kh 8.0 (working on 9.0)
pH 8.0-8.15
NO3 0.00
PO4 0.01 (Hanna)
light (4x250w Reeflux 10K) 8hrs
4x36" VHO 10hrs
Flow :D not enough 20K plus dual wavebox and 2200gph return
I'm adding 120w U.V tomorrow from Aqua U.V
Will add 2 vortech with backup battery......:D

Good news, them 9" walmart fans work very well with ACJr. My chiller hasn't run yet. Thanks god :D

R

reefer714

Ph 8.5 (per controller)
fluctuates between 8.3 and 8.6, gave up trying to get it to 8.2

When is the last time you calibrate the probe?

I'm picking up that new 4" dia po4 reactor to use with de-nitrate today to reduce it

Big no no buddy. I run sulfer reactor for a month. Nothing but bad luck :mad:

dkh 10.6
I target for abt 10, so I'll crank up the effluent flow slightly on my ca reactor

Ca 450
Good I keep it in the range of 420 to 460 and dose WMR CCS if it ever falls (hasnt since the ca reactor)

What saltmix are you using? I love TM pro

Temp avg 80
Fluctuates from 79 to 81 not even using a heater right now. Darn Via aqua keeps failing, third one now. Wont need another one till fall though.

Go with ebo jagger heater. Via aqua = crash and burn :eek:

(lots of rotifers, oyster eggs, phyto and what not, not to mentions foods for the fish)

Take it easy on the food. tank still new ;)

I will be getting rid of the mag 24 (heater)

Good idea

R

reefer714

not sure what a sulphur reactor is. Maybe shoulda said Media canister which is essentially what it is. just looks identical to the phosban reactor but i'm using de-nitrate in it in conjunction with my chaeto in the fuge as a temp fix until I get the new sump plumbed in. What bad luck did you have?

Sulfur reactor is bio-denitrator reactor. It use sulfur to colonized bacteria. But Sulfur somewhat toxic to SPS (i suspect) cuz my SPS starting to have burn tips, follow with recession :eek:. You need to give time for your refugium to do it job. If you run de-nitrator, your Macro will not do well cuz it has to compete for food .

TM proreef is a little pricey but it worthes every penny :D. It has every essential trait elements for the corals. The buffer system is great, consistent parameter.

I actually feed 1 cube rotifers, 1/2 tsp of oyster eggs,1 sqeeze of phyto (dt's maybe 4 tbs), and alternate w/ abt 10 pumps coral plankton, 1 pump bio plankton, 1 pump marine plankton and an extra pinch of cyclopeeze every other day.

The fish dont get nearly as much, generally sticking to a cube of mysis sometimes brine, abt 10 krill, (ocassionally chopped clams and silversides instead), 1 tsp of Formula 2 pellets plus the Ogo for the naso and a small strip of nori for the hippo every other day.

Take it easy on the food buddy. That is a lot of food :D.

Attachments

Latest posts