What media reactors do you use?

What media reactors are you guys using? This is for carbon,gfo or pellet only. Why did you choose the one that you are currently using?
Which ones do you stay away from and why?

I run TLF phosban 150 reactors for my GFO and Carbon..... They are cheap and they do the job, just make sure you do regular maintenance and keep some spare o-rings. Its also a plus to find a reactor that can fit inside your sump, just to prevent a disaster from having wet floors.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
aquamax because the opening is bigger. i can empty and refill my reactors in 15 minutes tops just make sure you have a screwdriver

Last edited:

ns311

I use a Cadlights media reactor for pellets. Came with the tank and does not require constant adjustment. For carbon i have a Via Aqua reactor which I bought because its inexpensive and gets the job done.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I hear with the higher end reactors with the screw tops that the plastic bolts sweell up and make it hard to unscrew. I've read that you could retap the holes every once In awhile to help with that.
I've run the tlf reactor before and have always had them leak.

I guess every reactor has their pros and cons. Hopefully we can get more info on more reactors.
Thanks guys.

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
Next Reef MR-1 for gfo, because of the size it gets a good gfo tumble. BRS for carbon and reef octopus for biopellets

lemonyx

Me, I like to diy and this is my recirculating bio=pellet reactor that I built. Not an original design but works great. I also have a carbon one that I made as well

Carbn brs, and Aquamaxx for Gfo. But two lil fishes 550 one is better. For big tanks. It's all about the tumble/slow boil inside.

Latest posts