Group Buys- READ BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will group buys truly be considered on a case to case basis, or is this going to become purchasing from sponsors only? I only ask because sponsors do not always offer the best prices group buy or not, and the hobby is rather expensive already.

Sent from my iPad using appendages!

Indeed. I commented that a 'deal' actually wasn't a good purchase and 'bullied' you in to buying an excessive amount or pay excessive postage (in contravention of Ebay policies) and the thread was removed.

I know we have to play by the owners/mods rules but not allowing competition to those who pay/sponsor is IMHO wrong and people will just take it off the forum and do it anyway. All this achieves is pi$$ed of users.

PW.

Group Buys- Must be approved by a MOD before you post.

That's where I'm a little confused, about half the recent group buys aren't through sponsors since they're for things sponsors don't carry.
Ooooo what's the GB for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
bumping this thread for group buy, in case people are wondering what happened to the recent group buy post.

please note that the rules / procedure for a group buy on SCR are as follows:

1. Send a note to one of the moderators (or all of us for best/fastest results) to clarify the specifics of the GB.
  2. Once a moderator give the green light for GB, person conducting the group buy must get a site sponsor to sponsor their group buy
  3. Group buy shall be listed by the site sponsor

while this seems like a lot of extra steps for no good reason, we assure you this is for everyone's protection. Site sponsor has a vested interest in their reputation on the site. They stake their reputation on making the group buy happen, and will follow up / chase down the product should there be complications - DOA units, etc.

These rules came about specifically because numerous members got burnt in the past by people running their private GB, and when things go wrong - even if the GB originator had the best intentions in mind - the forum members bore the burden.

sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for being understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.