Auto Top Off

Hello everyone, I want to set up an auto top off system. I have been looking at autotopoff.com but am a bit confused on what exactly I need. I know I need a aqua lifter and float valve is that all? I was looking at there nano set up....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
well looks like they have it set up to trigger the built in float valve to turn on the Aqualifter. Don't know the quality of their product but I'd def go for the double switch. Its easy for a float switch to get stuck and if it does you can have a serious flood not to mention hyposalinity in the tank. the double switch will give you a back up just in case the on switch gets stuck

really? I had no idea they would get stuck. ANyone have any recommendations? I would rather be safe than sorry. im gonna be away for a month in the summer so need something reliable.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
i may be the exception to the rule, but i have had a couple bad experiences with the tunze osmolator. on one the pump went bad and i had to replace it and on another one, the sensor stopped "sensing" lol so i ultimately went back to jbj and haven't had any problems with it on my last two tanks (knock on wood)

I've had the same tunze for 4 years. Only problem I ever had was user error because my tube outlet was lower than the highest point of the reservoir, ya, "Dumas."

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
i may be the exception to the rule, but i have had a couple bad experiences with the tunze osmolator. on one the pump went bad and i had to replace it and on another one, the sensor stopped "sensing" lol so i ultimately went back to jbj and haven't had any problems with it on my last two tanks (knock on wood)
thats what happens when you buy used $ish lol.......It does happen but how was the warranty? I know tunze has the best customer service and wouyld take care of you in a flash.