Ro/di unit questions

bleox

Does it suppose to make waste water and also make rodi at the same time and is the water coming out of rodi ready to go right away ? Also anyone have a tds meter for sale ?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Huntington Park, South Central and sometimes River
Does it suppose to make waste water and also make rodi at the same time and is the water coming out of rodi ready to go right away ? Also anyone have a tds meter for sale ?

Yes. Usually at a ratio of 5:1 waste:RO/DI. The water is ready as soon as it passes through the DI resin. Idk about a TDS meter but you're going to need one.Good luck.

bleox

One more question can u drink the waste water coming out of the ro

Yes, you can drink the waste water. but don't drink the RODI water. Not good for humans. (that is what I was told by another reefer)

bleox

Yeah the rodi sucks ur calcium I believe so the waste water is already filtered right

My Tank Build
Y can't the waste water b drunk? I know on my ro system the water goes through a sediment filter and 3 carbon filters b 4 hitting the ro memb.

I'm not saying I drink my ro units waste water, I actually use it to water the flowers. But just asking why.

Huntington Park, South Central and sometimes River
Y can't the waste water b drunk? I know on my ro system the water goes through a sediment filter and 3 carbon filters b 4 hitting the ro memb.

I'm not saying I drink my ro units waste water, I actually use it to water the flowers. But just asking why.
Idk. Maybe because the water has higher TDS than the water coming out of the RO membrane...which logically should be less than the source water before the sediment filter.