two medias for tlf 150

bleox

what r the best two medias for a tlf... i have two dont know what to put on them lmk what u guys use

bleox

the modifications are for the carbon righ???? if so what do i have to do cuz i want to run carbon and also what brand do u guys recommend for the medias thank u for the info ?

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
For gfo I use both sponges, one at the bottom (under the gfo) and the other all the way to the top (by the top plate, not touching the gfo)

For carbon, I use both sponges, one right under and one right on top of the carbon. Kind of like creating a sandwich with the carbon.

For the pellets, I remove both sponges and the lower red plate.

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Nope, that's why you need to put both sponges on it. The two sponges will keep them together. If you run a lot of flow through it the top sponge will raise a little bit, you will need to monitor that.

bleox

Cool thank u for the info I'm get carbon but I don't know what to use in the second Idk which one would do better

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

For gfo I use both sponges, one at the bottom (under the gfo) and the other all the way to the top (by the top plate, not touching the gfo)

For carbon, I use both sponges, one right under and one right on top of the carbon. Kind of like creating a sandwich with the carbon.

For the pellets, I remove both sponges and the lower red plate.
Does it make a big difference taking the plate off?

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Does it make a big difference taking the plate off?
For me it did. I left the top plate on and then just used the pipe that it comes with, helped out a ton! The only thing I would suggest would be to add a check valve because if you lose power you will get a back siphon of pellets depending on how you have the tlf reactor setup.

For GFO I use rowaphos and run the sponges top and bottom. For Carbon I run bio-pellet screens over the red plate on the bottom and sponge on the top.

Latest posts